Sign in to follow this  
kangaroo

Clifford or Toad?

The glass breakage sensor is a microphone that's tuned to the specific resonance of breaking glass (there is one believe it or not!) It's usually bonded to the windscreen, looks like a strip of liquorice.

At least I think that's what that is..... I thought it was the alarm's aerial at first but turns out it isn't.

K

G60Jet, how does the glass break sensor work? From what keyhaywire said, shouldn't the ultrasonics pick up something like a window being smashed?

The Glass break sensor is the same as ultrasonic, the microphone is mounted inside the car and set, you tune it by tapping the window with a coin, and adjusting the trim screw.

It is basically a microphone that picks up ultra high frequencies. hence ultra sonic

The glass breakage sensor is a microphone that's tuned to the specific resonance of breaking glass (there is one believe it or not!) It's usually bonded to the windscreen, looks like a strip of liquorice.

At least I think that's what that is..... I thought it was the alarm's aerial at first but turns out it isn't.

K

The liqorice strip is the ariel for the alarm

The clifford 500 has the same function, but to be honest I think it is just gimmicky. In the end of the day, If some lowlife wants to take a key to our beloved cars - the imbeciles will not be warned away by a chirp.

Likewise blinkered tesco mum with her 17 kids all evacuating the corsa at once will not stop when their doors slam into yours.

So I don't really get the point of the proximity sensor

Now if it was wired up to the positive lead of the battery and created an electronic forcefield around the car electrocuting anyone that dares getting too close................................................................. sorry Im losing it :oops:

Okay, in the end I went for the Toad Ai606. It was £309 compared £400(!) for the Sigma. I also liked the idea of a lifetime warranty. I will be installing add-ons at a later date (due to funds), and will go for the tilt & shock sensor. Oh, the 125dB interior siren sounds a good one too :shock:

Taking it in this thursday. Are they going to have to take my dashboard apart? I hope they don't make a mess... Its completely squeek free at the moment. I'll be really annoyed if it starts rattling when I get it back :mad:

have got Toad fitted to my old jag and would recomend having optional pager system fitted, lets you know if alarm goes off if you aren't near enough to car to hear alarm