Dox

Extremely rare lhd volkswagen golf vr6 2.9 syncro 4wd 3dr. (1996)

Damn.. not cheap.. the ultimate winter hack! Fit a set of decent winter tyres to this and it'd be unstoppable but looks to be in too nice a condition to use for winter runaround duties!

I was starting to think these were a myth, would straight up swap my car for this! These things are epic! awesome piece of VW history! not to mention what this thing will be worth in 20 years haha

Damn.. not cheap.. the ultimate winter hack! Fit a set of decent winter tyres to this and it'd be unstoppable but looks to be in too nice a condition to use for winter runaround duties!

Surely worth it all day long? Guaranteed money back investment.. imagine owning the only road registered one in the entire country.. pretty dam cool!

Hard to say really. Just because a car is rare, it doesn't automatically make it a safe bet for investment or guaranteed to appreciate in value. Would love to own it myself though, no doubt about it :)

Mk3 winter hack....it will have rusted away before end of December. :)

I can see the appeal but to me Id just get a Mk4 4mo and save yourself £4500 and end up with a better car.

It's a fair price for a car in great condition, but agreed with Coullstar. It's not a car I feel any excitement towards. Syncro was hardly the last word in 4WD tech and it can't handle anywhere near as much grunt as Haldex, so it's not a good base for a VRT. And it's a MK3, the least popular Golf ever!