4pekatt

Bulb wattages

Hey guys!

I want to order new headlight bulbs. I found some Nokya bulbs (7000k) that Im buying, but I dont know what wattages to look for.

What is the OEM wires capable of handling? Both the H3 fogs and the H4 low/highs.

(1990 G60)

OEM bulbs are 60/55W iirc, but stock loom can't really do them any justice. Aren't 7000K xenons?

Best thing to do is uprate the loom and run some Osram Night Breakers.

I might just upgrade the loom and get the 90/100Watts then. Thanks!

Not xenon, but PURE white/blue bulbs. Not the kind of cheap ebay crap :-)

"Nokya Arctic White" - Google it :)

In my experience 80/100w isn't needed and gives little more output than some good high light output 55/60s and a relay for at least dip beam

even on cheap 55/60 standard bulbs (pref new) relaying up makes a huge difference, 80/100 def get very hot and the reflectors are only plastic

What's the right night breakers with out melting anything? I have an update loom which is brilliant!! What would be the best/highest powered bulb?

I ran 100w H4 bulbs in my headlights for some time and never had any problems but the reflectors were in perfect condition. If the reflectors have started breaking down on the surface then higher rated bulbs may just accelerate it. However 100w bulbs are illegal to use on the road as far as I am aware, something you might want to consider :)