Sign in to follow this  
Dub Style

Wide Rado

i'm thinking of widening the arches on my C but dont want to fit any silly body kits, ideally want to keep the standard gorjus looks but just a little meatier on the arches.

any suggestions...........or even any experiences.

From what I've heard the cost is very expensive (for a proper job).

I think the arches are pretty damn good as they are - why not just have a good ride height drop and some chunky alloys without taking it to extremes?

well i'm currently trying to get some beemer alpina wheels on my c if i get them to fit i know they will look the business thats why i'm goin all out, the rears seem to be fine considering there 9 1/2 wide but the front are 8 1/2 but stick out a fair bit so i was considering widening the body a lil............i'd rather fiddle with the suspension then ruin the body so thought i'de get some ideas

its a VW......why on earth put on a BMW-tuner's wheels???????.......

beacuse he can.... everyone is allowed to do whatever they feel looks right in there eyes... modding would be so boring if we all had to stick to rules .

looks good mate well done

wheels are wheels it makes no difference wot the wheels are from the point is everyone tries to do somthing thats different and looks good at the same time and fair comment u cant say they luk bad.

wheels are wheels it makes no difference wot the wheels are from the point is everyone tries to do somthing thats different and looks good at the same time and fair comment u cant say they luk bad.

fair enuff as darren says its your choice at the end of the day etc and yes alpina wheels look damn nice......on a BMW :wink: but IMHO fitting them to something non-BMW just looks muddled as in doing it just for the sake of doing it to be different.....it don't make it right and i suppose i concede it don't make it wrong either :wink: ........i can understand the fitting of Porsche wheels on Audi's or VW's as there is a "connection" between the 3 marques........anyway ddin't mean to offend you and as i've mentioned earlier its your choice.........btw i take it you'll be using the proper alpina wheels as opposed to the BK-racing ones?........just heard a few years back that the BK ones aren't as strong or as good quality as the genuine ones

Sorry but I don't like what's been done there :roll: The Corrado is the sort of car whose shape shouldn't really be altered as VW got it so right to begin with IMHO :wink:

What people do to there car is there own choice, people should not run down the time money and effort that people spend on there car, How many corrados have you seen with Porsche style wheels and they never get run down for fitting them so why should that guy for fitting BMW wheels, I personally think they look smart and different from the normal , which most people seem to follow imo

How many corrados have you seen with Porsche style wheels and they never get run down for fitting them so why should that guy for fitting BMW wheels

yes there are plenty VW's with porker rims......but bear in mind too that previously there was quite a big tie-in with VW/Audi and Porsche......so IMHO it goes well

OOohh Alpina rims and proper ones too..... they are to BMW owners what BBS RSs are to us :wink: Rare and expensive. But they look shit on a Corrado.

If a wide look is implemented properly, then I think it suits the C.

But surely taste is individual if we all liked the same things this world would be a very dull place, you must give someone the credit for spending time money and effort to make something there own and original, its like a lot of show cars these days just look the same with the euro look the only difference is how much money and chrome they have lavished on it

Indeed, as the old Groove Armada track goes...."If everybody looked the same, we'd get tired of looking at eachother" But I just don't think the Alpinas suit the Corrado. That's just my opinion and I will express them, sorry.

It's not about being in an originality contest. It's about good taste.

Absolutley! People say its down to personal preference, but thats not the entirety. Other people have to look at Chav cars and hold their breakfast down at the same time.

So he scores no points for being original and copying everyone else like most

:roll: ..........well WTF lets all have SEC grilles on the front of our C's.....that'll be original too.........it'll look pap but hey at least its original :p

alpina rims.

bothered

WTF does it matter what they came off and what they 'normally' go on.

at least he's not fittin uber cool wheels to a hairdressers car :roll:

its called aesthetics :wink: