Hofmiester

Not a Corrado, just had my S4 B8 tweaked at MRC!

I missed something here?

No bud, was just saying that I should of paid more attention at school. got a better job then I might of been able to afford one of these as a load lugger...Instead I have a Lupo GTI and a 22 year old Corrado :(

Ok point taken. I'm a bit clueless when it comes to mapping tbf, having never had it done. I assumed stage 1 would be somewhere in the region of £400. :shrug:

No bud, was just saying that I should of paid more attention at school. got a better job then I might of been able to afford one of these as a load lugger...Instead I have a Lupo GTI and a 22 year old Corrado :(

Haha! Welcome to the world of the average working bloke! I don't even have the lupo!

Haha! Welcome to the world of the average working bloke! I don't even have the lupo!

But you have 12 more valves! Hahaha!

Lovely Audi, always said if I had a decent income I would have a fast Audi, just look so right and the power from the map, wow!

Some people can't even afford a car, let alone two :) So I'd say all isn't that bad!

Lol yeah S/RS tuning is not cheap as you know. £1500 on a B5 will yeild same actual numbers, 500bhp and over and your limiting the standard turbo's. As you also know its area under graph that tells the story would be interesting to compare.

In fact I just did a quick check and there very similar. S has slight advantage lower down then RS comes back. Very impressive. I can see why some gearboxes have saht it.

I love the B8's as its the modern day B5 but a proper Q car.

Cheers chap, good info. A B5 is on my car Bucket List which I'll probably move onto when I'm done messing with TFSI engines.

Ok point taken. I'm a bit clueless when it comes to mapping tbf, having never had it done. I assumed stage 1 would be somewhere in the region of £400. :shrug:

It depends on how much Audi have locked the ECU down etc. Development costs of hacking into it to recoup etc. There's also the labour and parts involved in fitting the smaller S/C pulley. A typical Golf or Corrado map with no hardware changes is £350-£400, yep.

Some people can't even afford a car, let alone two :) So I'd say all isn't that bad!

I think it also comes down to how much people are prepared to spend on cars. Some of my most well off friends / family drive around in beaters :D

There's plenty of people in Essex prepared to spend £400 a month on a white Audi with gun metal wheels though.

I think it also comes down to how much people are prepared to spend on cars. Some of my most well off friends / family drive around in beaters :D

There's plenty of people in Essex prepared to spend £400 a month on a white Audi with gun metal wheels though.

Indeed. I keep wrestling with my conscience around leasing a car, but when I see what that'd cost vs like keeping the Corrado on the road and/or picking up (another) nice old 7 series which is just going to something I enjoy driving WAY more, I just can't bring myself to do it.

We live in a very superficial world. It's all about spending 5 days in a week in the gym, Plan B / The Script haircuts, tattoos and having a leased Audi. F'ckin sheep.

Kicking back in an old 7 series is seriously cool :)

Well I own my cars, get told what hair cut to have, I'm fat and go for a run once a year (told to do that too), I have no tattoos, and don't like Plan B. I must be uber cool! :afro:

Well I own my cars, get told what hair cut to have, I'm fat and go for a run once a year (told to do that too), I have no tattoos, and don't like Plan B. I must be uber cool! :afro:

Me too, only things I do choose is the cars :)

I've been lucky, always wanted a proper fast and fairly new car. I left school at 16, worked hard and now I'm nearly 40 I'm starting to see the returns before I have to start worrying about putting the kids through Uni (if they go) and retirement etc

Mega cool!

I went to Le Mans in a friends S4 with about 465 brake earlier in the year. We convoyed with an RS4 with a few tweaks and the S4 was slightly quicker. The RS4 did make a lovely noise though especially as the kid who's it was had only had it 4 weeks and blipped the throttle at every opportunity. I didn't mind.

Yesterday AM I had a little "dabble" against a McClaren 12C (which has about 140bhp more and the same torque) the guy obviously was driving at his limit and not the car....but he was gutted. We got to silly speeds pretty quickly and I was right behind him the whole way.......he looked bloody stunned :)

Nice one! That's the thing with Audis these days. It could be a 4 pot derv in your rear view mirror, or a B8 S4 that's been fettled! You should put 2.0 TDI badges on the back to really upset people!

i love tweaked motors so much fun for ****ing peaple off you should see the faces on some of the arse holes who flash me out of the fast lane in my old bus only for me to do the same to them when there flat out in there little car.

Glad you are running it and not me Ron. At that it must be shifting though :lol: love it mate love it!!

It's is savage mate, 485bhp and 600nm torque through 4wd, feels break neck in 2nd and 3rd.

I have a little run near me down a *private* slip road. Corrado when SC'd would get to the end and be doing about 70mph from a standstill. When it is running NA and VGI it's doing about 60mph, the S4 is doing well over 100mph by that point.

Doesn't feel as agile as the C though, while grippy in the twisties, it is a bit wallowey. C feels like a go kart in comparison!

Get the engine oot the Audi in the Corrado That would be a weapon :eek: Really looking forward to catch up next year now U can take me for a spin in your's and I'll take you oot in mine :thumbleft: Best I had was 330 cossie and it was quick 485 rapid When we last spoke I got the impression you were trying to calm down into family life now this you mad Geordie :notworthy::notworthy: Keep it sensible but mate ;) I know how easily you can go from being sensible to being so close to ending your life for what?? :thumbleft:

Regarding your post on previous page mate having a play with with a 12C which although having more power couldn't show you a clean pair of heel's. Some people would be like what you talking about I got this feeling when said I had kept up with an Audi R8 like it wasn't right I have had other encounter's I won't say what because there will alway's be the doubter's/numb nut's..

I think the 12C was capable, the guy driving it was the limit but I must say I was frightened, big speeds come up fast in this thing.