Micky fletch

Where does this connect and what are the symptom if it's not connected

Hi all

Is this my earthing strap and if so where does it connect.

Lately my valver has been turning over very slowly as if the battery is dead but does eventually start with no gas pedal. Thanks in advance

L[ATTACH=CONFIG]79858[/ATTACH]

I have a funny feeling i saw something like that in my engine bay years ago and pulled it out thinking it was something someone had dropped in there, am going to check it now :lol:

It's just a little earth strap that connects from the bulkhead to the bonnet. It's a pain in the arse - I've replaced them several times on my Corrado's but they always corrode and break in exactly the same way. So far as I can tell it makes zero difference having there so don't lose sleep over it.

isn't it something to do with the radio, think their earthed heavily because of the disruption the engine makes especially the v6?

might be totally wrong but think I read that somewhere

Yep, this was an earth strap fitted to prevent radio interference. They all break away as Jim describes and mislead no difference at all to any other system function when fitted.