TomBarker1991

Early Corrado AGU Conversion

Got a few questions I need some more direct answers too, I have given a few build threads and the definitive guide a glance over but still...

I have bought a full AGU conversion for my Corrado main question is can I use the existing 16V engine mounts as it comes with a MK3 TDI box in the conversion I haven't found anywhere that says they won't fit, but I will stand corrected on that one... Also planning on upgrading to vibratechnics or anything else anyone can recommend?

I am hell bent on keeping the early bonnet so will be going for a MK2 golf VR6 solid front mount which I have read should work...

I do have the full loom, ECU and plan on keeping the original clocks and barrel so will be splicing the looms with the help of a few wiring diagrams

I have been using the QPENG guide for most stuff but any other experience have with doing it and what they would do different would me much appreciated!

Cheers, Tom

The mounts from the 16v will fit perfectly, that what I'm using.

A solid front mount will help to reduce the engine movement, what are you doing with the other doughnut mounts on the front cross member?

Does the mk2 mount lower the engine a little? be careful as alot of people catch the sump on 1.8t engines

When you say 'original clocks and barrel' do you mean from the mk4? why do you want to keep the clocks and keys from that when an immo removal is so cheap now? and mk4 clocks look odd in a rado dash in my opinion.

Get the immo removed and fit late 16v clocks, it will all work together

Sorry worded that quite badly, was actually our build thread I was reading!

I meant keep the existing Corrado clocks and ignition barrel

With regards to the other mounts this is info I am unsure on...

Poly bush the front cross member with the solid front mount will stop most movement but you can get more vibration and noise

I've got a solid front mount but I'm gonna leave the rubber cross member mounts,

Spot on cheers mate, it's not a daily so I can live with that

With regards to the sump I have learnt from smacking mine on my MK4 so I'll be going for a shallow sump!

snapped 2 solid front mount bolts and engine hit the top of the bonnet twice so now i use the standard rubber mount. Seems ok at the moment.

Hi Guys,

I have just signed up here and would love some support and advise on my corrado project I am currently re-spraying. Having owned a number of Corrado's over the years Ive become committed to restoring a 1995 2.0 16v with the intention of an AGU conversion from a 1999 Audi A3.

I am looking for advise on the parts required and I have documented a little bit about what I have and I would appreciate any help and advise for the project:

Vw Corrado 2.0 16valve (running)

Engine: Audi A3 1999 5V Turbo (Cable throttle Body) (92K Miles) KO3 Turbo, ECU, Clocks, std Intercooler. No Pipework.

Any help on parts for mounts, Ecu, wiring, downpipe. KO3s upgrade or remap etc would be appreciated and anything else I may be overlooking!

From my research I am lead to believe the corrado 2.0l 16v subframe will accommodate the engine? What mounts would be required? Vr6 clutch with G60 flywheel? Using the 9A gearbox (currently in my 2.0 16v)

Thanks and I really appreciate your help!

Luke (Leicester UK)

Hi did the early bonnet work with the Agu conversion? I have a 1990 1.8 16v and the bonnet is about to go off for paint.

Would this be okay or do I need a bonnet off a later car