Hairyarse

Is it just me or...

....is the standard C headlight switch illumination really dazzling?

I fitted mine today - and it looks great in the dash. But when I drove home from work tonight in the dark I found it really bright in the corner of my eye - plus it's reflecting in the wing mirror which is really off putting.

Where they really like this from the factory?

In any case it's coming out tomorrow :(

2014-10-22194523_zps1c417e9b.jpg

The copies made up by someone on here in a group buy are like this. Not overly concerned as it looks great with the red illumination but as you say, it's distracting at night. Original VW spec switches had green illumination instead of the red I think?

You can disconnect the illumination so that it doesn't light up at all, but afraid can't remember which pin it is....! (the switch that is - not the headlights themselves!!!)

I think the remanufactured switches look bright if you sit and stare at them, but I honestly don't notice them once I'm driving.

You can't please everyone, all of the time!! Lol.

Does the dimmer switch dim this light as well as the dash ones? Would be good to find out the pin for the led then, I guess a result of an led instead of a bulb that heats up and wrecks the rocker arm!

I imagine if you dismantle the switch you can obscure the led with some translucent paper.

....is the standard C headlight switch illumination really dazzling?

I fitted mine today - and it looks great in the dash. But when I drove home from work tonight in the dark I found it really bright in the corner of my eye - plus it's reflecting in the wing mirror which is really off putting.

Where they really like this from the factory?

In any case it's coming out tomorrow :(

2014-10-22194523_zps1c417e9b.jpg

dude just pop the switch out, spray/ paint green the back or the switch, then youll have a duller light in keeping with your dash

Thanks for the tips, it had crossed my mind about spraying/tinting to darken it, I'll have to have a look at that. I just have an issue with bright-ish lights in my peripheral vision. Don't know why but my eyes don't like it! lol

You can't please everyone, all of the time!! Lol.

Does the dimmer switch dim this light as well as the dash ones? Would be good to find out the pin for the led then, I guess a result of an led instead of a bulb that heats up and wrecks the rocker arm!

I know I'm a fussy bugger! lol The dimmer switch doesn't dim this one.