Jim Bowen

Teves20 install help?

At least i think its called the Teves20, its the upgraded ABS system.

Anyone got any pics or guide to the install? I bought all the bits from P3RKS, am just missing an ABS light so if anyone has details on that it would be good, something about a passat light and a corrado light needed iirc.

All i have is a load of parts, i've got no idea on what goes where or which pipes i need etc :lol:

It's been written about before, purpletom did it and detailed a lot, fairly sure there is a guide too. I've got this to do at some point too. If no one else posts the info, I'll find it once I'm home :)

Cheers, although my bits looks a bit different to the stuff in that thread.

Will have a search of forum tonight i think.

Speak to Sean_Jaymo mate. He's done it on his recently and offered me a load of information when I was considering doing the same upgrade

Is it worth doing?

Never actually had a working ABS for the 8yrs i've owned the car, its all unplugged at various points and someone cut the bulb out the dash light.

I just thought while engine is out its a good chance to get it sorted out and then i can get my MOT anywhere instead of just one garage that lets it pass.

Sean let me try his car and I'd suggest is was definitely a worth while upgrade. I may still do it myself but with the 4pots my braking is pretty good already.

If I get a chance to strip it down in the future I'll definitely do it.