robrado974

Splitter and bar , what screws n bolts ?

As above please . Mine is held on with a mish mash of old stuff , none of which fits to well . I have a new splitter to fit , so I need to fit it right .

Many thanks ,

Rob .

I can't really describe them, but they're just these kind of unusual quite chunky bolts which are sort of plain metal half way up, and then switch to being threaded, that screw through the splitter and into the retaining bits on the metal bar which are threaded. Would be really surprised if they were not still available from VW.

Yeah that's the type - very similar to that. The only difference being it has a bit of a collar between the nut at the top and the shaft of the bolt.

Rob, did you manage to get any of these? I tried to get some through TPS today but apparently they're no longer available. :(

No mate , they can't be made either apparently , something to do with the thread type . I only have to of these fitted , but along with the new ones that attatch the splitter to the body it's rock solid and not going anywhere .

Yeah I've got two that are in a reasonable condition. Another one is half the width it should be and looks like a bent stiffy where its so corroded! :lol: I'll see what I can do to get it on as well as possible.

The screws and fixings that fit in to the splitter itself are available from the steelers Sean , for about a tenner . Worth getting if yours are a bit sketchy like mine were .

Yeah I've got two that are in a reasonable condition. Another one is half the width it should be and looks like a bent stiffy where its so corroded! :lol: I'll see what I can do to get it on as well as possible.

Only one question to be answered here ....... How do you know what a " bent stiffy " looks like ? Haha

These are available from VW Heritage and Classic parts.. p/no N90433801

I've just started working for VW Heritage on the sales team so i'll see if we can get them added to the website and stock, as they're currently to order only.

Hmmmm, sure I tried the part number but it came up as unlisted. :shrug: Fair enough then. Thanks for letting us know. :thumbleft:

Strange , I only rang the other week and was told you can't get hold of em anymore ? . I will try again on Monday then .thanks for thinking of me Sean I only need a couple , I think . Let me know what you have left .

Edited by robrado974

I'll double check in the morning but looks like they're available from Classic Parts till stocks run out. If you call ask for me and i'll get some ordered in for you.

Julian

Here a pic of mine, I'll make sure I hang onto those bolts! These shaft type ones go in the middle, and theres three other "normal" screws in each side of splitter on mine (see attached)

I've been removing mine this weekend for a bit of repair work.

Not good news for a car when the bolts start becoming obsolete!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]80290[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]80291[/ATTACH]