Kempy

rear number plate tub fixing solutions?

Morning all. Hows everyone? Im struggling to get the top of tub to stay down as the plastic screws have broke. Whats people done to fix it on securely when they break? Its annoying me greatly. How much is a new tub from heritage? Is that the best solution? Cheers

Mine broke the other daay, pulled into work and it was hanging off. I used No Nails tape to hold mine on (the black tub) Hasn't fell off yet but then again I haven't driven it since. Stuck the tape to the raised metal bits behind the tub..

Think a Heritage on is around £60

How about using a bunch of good quality number plate fixing tape strips? Some of that stuff is extremely strong.

if you look where the lugs have snapped there's usually a shallow cylinder of plastic left, with the right diameter and length self tapping screw and a wide washer to space over the hole in the tailgate I screwed into the back of the plate and it holds perfectly firmly

I got a good quality replacement with fixing tabs intact, and I've put it on for the time being using number plate strip tape, but the top still isn't fixed properly. It fixes for a few minutes if you push it at the top, but comes unstuck pretty quickly. My previous one had been bonded on with tigerseal which made it impossible to remove without breaking.