Katy_m28

Quick hello

Hi everyone! Just bought myself a '91 16v in Bordeaux Red. Along with other little bits and pieces needing attended to, the paintwork has a fair few wee dings and one very small area of rusting. Hoping to get all this sorted out but spoke to some people who said because it's something on every panel I would be as well getting a complete re-spray. I was originally looking for a red or black corrado but due to the good location and price of the car I bought this one. Would I be crazy to get the car re sprayed black or just keep it original? I'm running with the original alloys too but the previous owner has done a pretty crap restoration of them. Should I change the alloys or try and get someone to get them back to a good original condition? Thanks, corrado owner near Glasgow!

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Bordeaux is a really nice colour so I would stick with it when you arrange a respray. If black is the colour for you then maybe hold out for a black one as it's going to save you a lot of hassle of a colour change.

As for wheels the oem ones should be salvageable by full shot and powder coat so if you like them I'm sure you can keep them :)

Hope this helps. And share some pics of your new ride soon!

Welcome to the forum.

Keeping them relatively standard with a few subtle mods seems to be the norm unless your going out for a show car or big power build.

Touch ups in Glasgow are about the most reputable spray shop for the vow scene in Scotland. Seen a few of there re sprays and they are very good. If you are going down the re spray route then getting something a little custom colour wise is also an option. Another red that's similar that's brighter or darker for example depending on your taste is an viable option.

Wheels wise, powder tec down in kinning park have done several sets for me and are reasonably priced and a decent finish. Drive in drive out option as well.

That's for the thoughts and opinions everyone. I think keeping it classic will be the way for me. Looking forward to getting her tidied up and properly running

Welcome to the forum, Good luck with the corrado, you'll need luck while owning one :lol:

I say just enjoy the 16v for a bit and then get a VR6, you know it makes sense..

Welcome to the forum, Good luck with the corrado, you'll need luck while owning one :lol:

I say just enjoy the 16v for a bit and then get a VR6, you know it makes sense..

Must resist the temptation to bite....Must resist the temptation to bite...

Welcome along Katy and all the best with the new purchase, if you have the funds then go for the respray, I would keep it original as unless it is a proper engine bay, door shuts and inside of boot, I always think a colour change is a bit ropey.

That said, you might need the initial funds to get the car properly sorted as with a Corrado if there isnt something wrong with it, wait a couple of weeks and there will be!

But enjoy the car, they are great fun, even in 16V form :p

Wellcome to the forum Katy, the "fun" starts now, all will become clear a few months into owning this great Coupe.

Oh yes, and don't listen to any of those nasty VR6 types

Wellcome to the forum Katy, the "fun" starts now, all will become clear a few months into owning this great Coupe.

Oh yes, and don't listen to any of those nasty VR6 types

What about us R32 chap's John.. Welcome to the forum Katy let us see your car :worthless:

Hey I love em all, and I'm happiest when I hear that another Corrado had been saved from the breakers grasp. Katy enjoy your Valver and don't mind any of our cross model banter. Truth is we are all very passionate in our pursuit of this great Coupe, and all the individual owner built variations, especially R32 powered ones

Welcome aboard! Look forward to seeing a few pictures of the car and as others have said, there's a lot of Corrado owners up that way so should have no problems with getting help finding parts or advice on where to take the car if things need doing :)

Just uploaded a few of the car guys. Take a look and let me know what you think! Thanks!

keh!? where be this upload you mention Katy? lol

I'm hoping it's in my Album titled 16v. Sorry, it's my first time in this forum! Still getting used to it!

No need to apologise, it was my mistake as i was looking on ths thread. ive found the album you refer to & it looks good! the photo on the forecourt is a very nice one :)

i didnt even know (or rather had never looked) that you could create an album in a user profile page & ive been on here ages lol well done :clap:

i see you have an early model too, judging by the grill. im a fan of the 7 slat version & have recently found & refurbished a replacement for my 16V which i brought back a few months ago

I would have sworn that any 16v's on a J reg would be 2.0 16v's... but then early style bodywork and Sebring alloys seems to re-affirm it's a 1.8... be interested to see a shot of the engine bay?

Another new Glasgow member! Get it sprayed whatever colour you want! its your car! good luck with it.

Late registered early valver in what looks to be in very honest condition, in a great colour. Just love standard well loved Corrado's. Nice one Katy looks like you have found a real survivor from the ravages of time. These are the Corrado's that will be worth the money as our cars become fewer in number, more valuable and collectable.