Gibbo

Late fogs

As I cannot find a drivers side fog that I don't need to sell a kidney to buy I was wondering if the early fogs glass and reflector would fit into the late fog housing as a repair job as there seem to be quite a few early fogs available? Any advice greatly welcomed as this fog light search is driving me insane :bonk:

Pretty sure the early fogs are a different size, but they're certainly a different shape and profile. I'd almost certainly say no tbh mate. It may take a couple of months, but they do pop up for reasonable prices every now and again. You just need to be patient, but swift when they do appear!

Worth the ask I suppose, was a bit of a long shot lol. I'm not great at being patient or swift for that matter. Lol. Thank for the speedy reply tho mate, I'll just keep searching. :thumbleft:

For a good set £150-£200 for a really good set £200+ Brand new like anything else whatever someone is willing to pay. There are some brand new one's out there (I have a set)

Example here and these aren't great http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vw-corrado-front-fog-lights-pair-vr6-gti-storm-g60-hella-/221576525300?ssPageName=STRK%3AMESINDXX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=yOGEngvTz7fzcWjhUmJ%252Fcc67gE8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Edited by clumpy1

You fancy selling yours?????? Lol.

Good try bud. You will learn there are part's you just do not sell. (I've actually got a very good backup used set too) also not for sale sorry ;)

Totally different glass mate, the older version is wedge shaped were as the '92 onwards versions have flat glass and are part of the

housing, glued in. Let me have a look down in garage if i've got a spare one and let me know if you still have your old foglamp glass as i need one.

Hi Jamie,

Good spot mate. I've heard mixed opinions on these fogs, many say that the light output when

compared is crap.. I might look into it though.

Cheers.

Hi Jamie,

Good spot mate. I've heard mixed opinions on these fogs, many say that the light output when

compared is crap.. I might look into it though.

Cheers.

To be fair,the originals aren't much better then "crap" !

Really? I didn't think just changing the lens would have that much of an impact. Tbh I'm not really bothered about the light output it's more aesthetic for me. It's not like my car ever comes out in bad weather and I'm not the kind of helmet that drives round with the fogs on for the sake of it