robrado974

Membrane size / pic

Morning . Can anyone give me the size or a good pic of where the membrane should be cut to , how it's proper fit should be please . I need to get this done today as water is getting in .

Kind regards

Rob

Thanks Sean , for taking the time to find it , much appreciated . It looks like James has taken his lower than mine , the door card pegs go through the membrane by the looks of it .

Thats original and how it left the factory mate. My original ones were like that too, but were in a much worse state at the top and around the speaker hole.

Just seen this chaps yeah like Sean said rob that is original my breaker was totally unmessed with.

Im off to find some membrane from somewhere in a bit . Im going to apply the butty tape , fix an oversize membrane on , check for leaks . If im happy i will fit the door card and trim afterwards .You can see droplets where the speaker wire protude too , so i will tape this area to death .

I've kept the one's from my breaker just incase I need them for the R got a funny feeling there missing. Good luck Rob :thumbleft:

Thanks James , I found a builders sheet in BnQ . It's the same thickness so that's good . Frustrating having wet carpet again !

Rob I used some heavy plastic sheeting (packaging for some items received) and stuck with butyl tape. I made separate pieces for each major hole in the door. I took some pics I think they're in my build thread - will check and let you know.

Edit: here you go, post 77

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=42752&page=8&p=596733&highlight=membrane#post596733

Edited by fla