Bs6VR6

R32 rear mount question.

Quick question guys, dropped the engine and gearbox back in, no issues, but seeing it sat there it does appear to be slightly crooked. Higher at the drivers side, is this what people are refering to when they say you need to trim the rear mount by 15mm. I have a vibratech rear mount, could I just mill 15mm off the main tower and then just trim the bolt to suit, would this be ok? Also dubsport apparently no longer stock their conversion manifolds all I can find are ones from United motorsport that utilises the 4motion manifolds. Does the rear mount require cutting with these like the dubsport one? Thanks in advance.

Max

Edited by Bs6VR6
Typo

I can't answer your question but perhaps the title is putting people off?

1. Is it an R32 engine and you need advice on the rear engine mount?

2. Is it a normal 12v VR6 and you want to use a rear R32 engine mount?

It is indeed mate. An r32 lump, or more accurately a 3.2 Audi lump going into a corrado. It is a standard vibratech rear mount. I can only assume if the standard mount requires adjustment the vibratech one must also do. Hope that clears it up. Thanks for the reply.

Yes, the drivers side does sit higher even with vt mount (I have an a3 engine with vt mount). I am not planning on cutting anything down so not something I've looked into. I believe the United motorsport is a better fit than dubsport anyway but you could try sean_jaymo or maybe better Kevin bacon aka pianowire aka fish wire as he had the United motorsport downpipe, an a3 engine and vt mounts

Cheers swift, I will do, I'm in the lucky position that one of my mates dad builds hotrods in his spare time and will be able to mill it down for me so Ill check it won't ruin the mount(can't see how) and get him to do it. I had replied to the other wiring thread but am on my phone and I lost signal and the whole bloody draft just before I sent it. But thank you for the help with that as well mate, I'll call that ebay guy later so fingers crossed.