maff

Storms gone in place of m3 :-(

Well the storm went the other week, it was looking very nice when i cleaned her up and was gutted when it was driven away but at least i've got a new car to take my mind off it.

Heres the storm before she went

image_zps1f7d013e.jpg

image_zpsc1fccedc.jpg

And the e46 m3 that replaces it

image_zps65a8393e.jpg

image_zpscc1d0d43.jpg

image_zps3a559456.jpg

Very happy with the m3 especially as i found one in my favourite colour and the bodywork is a1, no rot anywhere or dings.

I went for an smg car which i was weary of at first but it really is awesome to use, flat foot shifting in s6 is pretty awesome and lets you just concentrate on going fast. Also the sound these make on the downshift is pretty epic, it defiantly has a lot in common with the vr6 as its a great gt car but also a hard charger when needed.

Had the car on mates ramps and found it needs new rear springs as they always snap right at the bottom, front control arm bush and some new rear discs and pads, sort that and it'll be perfect:-)

I'll be on the hunt for another rado in the new year as i don't think i could ever not have one, so watch this space:-)

Edited by maff

Nice! They look good in silver grey. I too sold my Vr in the summer for a 46m, like it, but still can see myself getting another Corrado sometime :)

Haha, I've got an Aqua Blue VR that needs a new home early next year Daren............Needs a bit of work though! :grin:

Very nice, I'm thinking this might be my next step however the rear subframe issue does put me off. And the fact I reckon my Vr is quicker anyway ;) however no doubt the m3 would leave the VR in the twisties

I did the same recently. Now where near as quick as the VRT but at least it can get the power down and has a few toys.

Already had to do the subframe as I somehow missed the cracks when looking at it. :censored:

IMG_4650_zpsf767c51e.jpg

Mine -Mystic Blue manual

DSC_0383_zps2e776d11.jpg

Ah mystic blue is nice, and the 18's are supposed to give a nicer purer drive. C,an't believe how many rado owners have m3's:-) Good skills at least i don't feel on my own!

And vr6 gar, gutted on the subframe and they look proper in silver, it was my next best colour. I took my mechanic mate who has all the top end diagnostic kit with me when i viewed mine. I did everything wrong, viewed in the dark, didn't drive it and bought the first car i saw, (well he did have an estoril blue one too but didn't float my boat). Anyway i had a good feeling about the car and was right, subframes all good on mine so far.

Edited by maff

Logical progression, i do like the E46 M3 and it might be a progression i make at some point. Or just wait for the E92 prices to drop a bit more