Chuggs1

Looking at my first Rado tomorrow!

Hi

New to the site - I'm looking at a Rado tomorrow (have loved them for years) - hope to come home with it if its as good as it sounds - just one question - Its Mulberry (Colour) - Is this the same as Blackberry - or are there two similar colours??

Thanks

Welcome! Theres no Mulberry, but some describe Blackberry as that. I have however seen Dark Burgundy Pearl, and Sherry Pearl described as mulberry too though. Have a look at the link below. Check the paint code on the options sticker in the boot against the code to be sure which colour it is. Alternatively, stick a pic up here and we'll let you know. :thumbleft:

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=37863

Thanks for that and will do as you say when I see it - will hopefully stick a picture up when I own it lol

Good luck for tomorrow , one piece of advice . Don't let your heart rule your head , not teaching you to suck eggs but it's been done before lol . I hope it's a good one .

Mulberry is a different colour that was available on a Mk3 Golf. The correct VW name for blackberry is Bramble..

Good luck for tomorrow , one piece of advice . Don't let your heart rule your head , not teaching you to suck eggs but it's been done before lol . I hope it's a good one .

Amen!

I nearly bought the first one I looked at. Dad talked me out of it. I quite often think back and am glad I didn't buy it.

I've pretty much bought all the first Corrado's I saw each time.. never regretted any of them! :) Just have a good look around, and just look for the usual problems you might on any car - blue smoke, odd noises, make sure it drives straight and true, look for rust, etc etc :) Good luck!

Print out the buyers guide thats in the Wiki section. Well worth taking with you but don't be put off if theres the odd small problem.

My first Corrado wasn't the first I looked at, but my current one was. Do I regret it?.......................Sometimes!

Hi Good luck buyers guide good start recommend you take someone with knowledge because they all have their quirks.

Why not visit the CCGB site corradoclubgb.co.uk we are a friendly bunch for more advise

[ATTACH=CONFIG]80292[/ATTACH]

Hopefully that picture uploads OK.

Well, looks like I'm with you guys - I bought it! - Only 54K on the clock and extensive history folder - its not the first I have looked at but it is only the 2nd and it looks and feel and sounds like a cracker - awesome journey home - couldn't stop smiling when the spoiler went up. Oh its a VR6 95 (M) and yes its Blackberry - thanks for those codes!

Look forward to chatting to you all in the future and may well meet some of you - have only seen one other Corrado in my home town of Swindon although im sure there are others hiding away - already getting a great reaction from people!

Congratulation. Looks great - blackberry is one of the best colours :)

Mulberry is a different colour that was available on a Mk3 Golf. The correct VW name for blackberry is Bramble..

Bramber metallic is the VW term i believe :)

Mmmm nice is this the one from the dealer in southampton ? If it is glad they are selling at a decent price...

Did Sean ever go and look at it.

Edited by delfinis38

Plans? Keeping her as original as she is - although will probably need to get a new alarm fitted as the one on it is a bit flaky - seems to be the only problem I could find (so far) Lol.

Not driven at night yet so not sure if the problem I have seen mentioned on here re lights not being bright is an issue - if it is then will look at sorting that!

Give me some time I'm sure I will be picking up tips from people on here

All I want to do now is go for a drive and here that V6 again - T minus 1hr 15 mins and im off for a drive!

Yes it was the one from dealer in Eastleigh (near Southampton) and didn't pay anywhere near the price they were asking but it wasn't cheap! Thought it worth paying what I paid though

Sean dindn't go with me if that's what you mean

Shame I dindn't realise I could ask people from here to accompany me as im no expert - but I certainly gave it a good going over and used the guides in terms of common faults

Edited by Chuggs1

Nice car.... The dealer bought it of ebay from a seller in Kent. he bought it for about 4k in October.

Enjoy your spin home this evening. A few of us on here had a chuckle about the dealers add.

Your in the right place to ask any questions... Welcome to the forum.

Edited by delfinis38

Ah yeah I kept meaning to go, sorry! I was gonna go the weekend I bought the Aqua parts car, but forgot due to this. If I'd known this was the one you were looking at, I'd have gladly come along for moral support and to give you a hand looking over it. Sounds like a good un though and look forward to seeing a gallery thread! :thumbleft: