Sign in to follow this  
steveo29

what do you use on leather seats....shine not req

ive tried liquid leather and meguiers....both leave either em greasy or shinney

any suggestions....its black leather btw

Unfortunately I think pretty much all the leather conditions you can use will leave the surface slighly shiny, simply because the conditioners are emulsions of essential oils for the leather that keep it soft and supple.

Black leather will probably show the shine the most too :roll:

I use AutoGlym cleaner, followed by the conditioner and it works well enough.

Is there any other leather cleaner except the autoglym one as i cant stand that smell, it makes me sick and makes the whole car stink for weeks :x

...................as a Saddler...........I have a few leather conditioners which would do the job, some have a neutral smell too.

Let me know if you are interested.

All the best.

MoonlightVR, would those 'essential oils' help cure cracking in the leather? My grey leather has some faint cracks on the bolsters, almost imperceptible right now, but I wouldn't want it to get any worse.

I have been told that saddle soap is the best thing you can used to replendish leather - I must admit it works extremely well and is very cheap!!!

MoonlightVR, would those 'essential oils' help cure cracking in the leather? My grey leather has some faint cracks on the bolsters, almost imperceptible right now, but I wouldn't want it to get any worse.

Matt, yep regular "feeding" of the leather will help keep the leather soft and crack free. Leather will crease naturally, but when it dries out it cracks. Regular cleaning and feeding will keep it looking good for years :D