Drucey

Help with identifying 2 oil sensors

Hi, could some one please help identify the 2 sensors that sit on top of the oil filter? My car is a 1.8 16v (kr) engine. One is white with a yellow wire and the one behind it has a blue/black wire coming off it, there is nothing wrong with them working just leak a small amount of oil from. Does anybody know what they are called and what they do? (I guessing pressure) so I can order some new ones and get the right bits. As always much appreciate all the help. Some very helpful people on here. Thank you.

I'm going to try vw later and see if they still can get the 2 sensors? Vw heritage have the White one. If I got 2 of them would that be ok? Or are they 2 different sensors? Thanks m8. :)

Yeah both different. One measures pressure below 1.25 bar iirc, the other above. You shouldn't use both the same or you're asking for trouble.

Been to vw today and they still do the sensors. But they have 2 different low pressure switches. One is blue and the other is grey. I looked at mine and it looks grey. Is this right or did I need the blue one? Might be faded on mine? Just want the right one. Thanks people :) always helpful on here.

When you take the old oil pressure senders out, they should have the pressure rating stamped on them. Just make your replacements are the same rating.

Ok, people seem to say a blue sensor, but mine looks grey? Could be its just worn over 20 years and was blue? Vw sell both a blue and a grey. Both are different pressure. But says they Both for the (kr) engine code.