voo51

What has four legs, a tail and lives in my Corrado?

It has been a while since I did anything on my Corrado. A few days ago I decided to start on it again. I was so excited!

I opened my bonnet to connect my battery and found the once pristine bonnet foam was gone! Oh no sorry, it wasn't gone.... It was in tiny pieces all over my engine. I was so upset.

I went into the cabin and the black carpet had been eaten with a hole in the passenger footwell. There's some foam under the passenger seat and the boot Carpet has been eaten in several places.

I can't express how upset I was but on the plus side it did start and all the electrics appeared to work but the heated seats.

I immediately filled the car with traps, poison and pads.... so far I have caught two in there and I'm going back this afternoon to check for more.

It has made me realise how rare the Corrado is getting now as trying to find replacement parts is so tricky now.

OMG - Not good.

You realise everyone who does not use their car that often has instantly gone to check their car too now ?

Presuming the mice also though the taste quite rare too !!

Looking on the positive side - as you say - it did start.

Good Luck in finding the replacements.

Thats gutting mate. Hope you get em all out. Carpet should be easy enough to replace thankfully. Either a good used one, or VW Heritage now sell decent aftermarket ones. The seat foam may be more problematic. Either a set with knackered bolsters that you can Rob the bases, or a retrimmer may be able to cut you a new set. Fingers crossed no other electrical problems occur mate. :thumbleft:

Well on the plus side, a set of carpets are rarely high on the list for most folks as they're pretty hard wearing so should be nice and cheap from anyone breaking a Corrado! :) A good opportunity to get the carpets up and replace all the sound deadening, etc.

the red one that I picked up from a farm had a dead rat in it

I guess it got in but couldnt get back out

LMAO!funny guys. I can finally laugh about it as I have caught them all and found two nests... One under my rear seats and the other behind my dash.

I have had to replace quite a few dash parts as they were either nibbled or were saturated in mouse wee... yuk!

Thankfully so far no wires have been ruined but I am still taking the interior apart to confirm.

Oh and in total. I have caught 5 mice!!

The Corrado will have traps set up in it continually now.... forever.