tman2714

Anyone bought from volkswagen-classic-parts.de ?

Classic parts is a part of VW. If the dealership won't help you, you can buy direct but you'll have to pay a hefty delivery charge. Go to VW heritage and get them through there. That way, heritage absorb the postage price amongst their other stuff and you should get them a bit cheaper. Only problem is that it may take a few weeks to arrive.

Thanks for the replies. Noticed the delivery charge was monumental but I think I'm going to have to go for it. Bought from VW heritage before but I don't think these barrels will fit the Corrado https://www.vwheritage.com/shop/191837061/lock-barrel-key-front-door-most-mk1-2-golf/#esp_pg=1.

Cheers!

If you look for annavr6 on here, I think, she works for VW Heritage & will source the correct items from classic part DE for you.

she very kindly helped me avoid a massive shipping charge, around 100 euros IIRC, & got me an outer sill repair panel from them.

the price of the part was such that Heritage actually gave me free delivery!!

anna was brilliant throughout & all I had to do was give her the classic parts part number & then phone the number she supplied & give my address & payment details

I couldn't recommend the company & anna herself any higher

As above, heritage have a link on the website for classic parts. If you use that to order the part, you won't get done by shipping charges. As mentioned though they only receive bulk orders so may take a few weeks before it arrives at heritage and they dispatch it to you.

yup pm me and i can arrange, some parts we dont list as stock items from classic, sometimes as im unsure they will be sellers for us to keep them, other times as ive not set them up yet,

we get an order in every week then your looking at 2-3 weeks to come in thats teh current classic lead time for us, they have multiple warehouses so depending how far away the part is (which warehouse) usually is why it may take shorter / longer to come in. we would order it under a c number so instead of teh normal part numebr we add a c in front and special order it from classic for you, if you have teh vw number drop me a message and i can get it on order for you, orders over £35 are free delivery from us and the cost of germany postage is sucked up by us :-)

hope that helps