Sign in to follow this  
G60Jet

Engine Bay tidy up

I've been wanting to tidy my engine bay for a while now so, i started today with a mad idea. Guy H's Storm has a nice Black washer bottle, so from his idea i went a little further http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/download.php?id=7267 I'm going to clean the whole bay up and and thinking about removing the battery to the boot etc etc. I've got a lot of cleaning to do in this dusty envoiroment i live in but it sould work out.

Battery -> boot - don't do it..! Amp drop along the length of the car can cause problems starting/charging etc.

Hardly. The current drop over a couple of metres is negligable.

My mate's new 3 series Bimmer Estate has the battery in the boot. Should he write to BMW and tell them it's a bad idea?

Hehe - Bloke up our road ran his battery down on his new Beemer, borrowed our charger then spent the next 10 mins looking for the battery under the bonnet

Hehe - Bloke up our road ran his battery down on his new Beemer, borrowed our charger then spent the next 10 mins looking for the battery under the bonnet

Yeah and so did we when I had to take a jump start off his car!

You get jump outlets under the bonnet which is cool.

Maybe a huge battery in each corner of the boot in the Corrado might reduce it's tendancy to cock a leg when really giving it some!

A guy at the last Midlands VW meet routed battery on his 20v turbo Scirocco (yes, it was very cool indeed) into the boot as well.. said there were no problems with it :)