Tempest

CCGB Events 2015

On CCGB events its showing 10 places and 10 still available so no places taken up yet - just wondering if any other members are taking their cars as may be up for coming down on the Sunday. Although if I am the only one I will have the best car ha-ha!

I will be going to and just need to register.

Charlie I think is also going, then probably James Shillaw too.

Might even get to drag Miles out !!!! :-)

Will people be going down on the Saturday and camping or just going Sunday morning?

I'm not going to make any of the VW shows this year Good thing is it will allow me to freshen up the VR ready for next year.

James - really ? No VW shows ???????????

But what about Miss Stonor - how will you cope not seeing this show. ?

Rectified the date issue on the CCGB events list (as of Monday night, when I noticed it :)). Please do follow the instructions on the site to download, complete and return the form to the organiser with payment to secure a place on the stand, and get the heavily discounted entry price.

Tempest

Hi tempest is that for the Dubs in the park? So is it Sunday morning meet these now? June the something... Will double check details when I get to work. Don't have my log in saved on my phone

How do you make payment when sending form back.... Don't have a cheque book any more... Can I pay by PayPal or over the phone? Thanks

OK had a look this morning. So 1. the £5 for the entry of the car sent with the form direct to organiser..... I don't have a cheque book anymore - do people normally send cash?

2. When I register for myself and partner to come along which is £10 a head - how and when do I pay that - it doesn't mention how and as this will be a first time - I have no idea? Can you advise please?

Thanks

Chuggs!

Stop hogging the whole thread and let people have a chance to reply too!

;)

:lol:

Stones and glass houses Wayne! Lol!

But feel free to answer my questions hehe!

Stones and glass houses Wayne! Lol!

But feel free to answer my questions hehe!

That include the THREE hours driving in rain to?

And the THREE hours back?

And my LEAKY roof?

And is it guaranteed under cover parking?

:lol:

:bonk:

Seriously,

U raised a very good point!

Info on the CCGB website ref the events.

Not enough info.

I think i will raise that at the AGM as AOB -

"If" I still going AND if I still there in that 3 hours :eek:

:thumbleft:

I have already prepared the question...

"

Chuggs here

Member on Corrado forum

Reside in Swindon - my Corrado s only got 54k on it too!

Uh-hmmm,

Anyway - I find the information on the CCGB website ..."

If you're not sure you'll last out the whole day, you can send comments / suggestions for AOB to the membership secretary via email - [email protected].

We normally send out a letter for the AGM every year to members advising of event and stuff such as this, but the whole committee are just utterly snowed under with other commitments in their lives, that it just didn't happen this year unfortunately.

If you're not sure you'll last out the whole day, you can send comments / suggestions for AOB to the membership secretary via email - [email protected].

We normally send out a letter for the AGM every year to members advising of event and stuff such as this, but the whole committee are just utterly snowed under with other commitments in their lives, that it just didn't happen this year unfortunately.

Cheers Jim.

I too new and 1st CCGB attendance -

So thought go just an observer ...but Chuggs does have a point ref the website so let me dwell on it for now ...

That's all the info I received from the organisers of Stonor Park, as per our CCGB website. Do download the form and read that (I couldn't find any further info alas). Remember: You can turn up on the day for Stonor, but then may have to pay more than the 5 quid discounted advance price.

The stand at Stonor is also not an "official" club stand as such, because an "official" clubstand would set the club back in the region of 25 quid for only 4 cars. The days that we could simply get a club stand for free at Stonor seem to have gone, and things have changed somewhat, so I've had to resort to using "Backdoor" entries if you like, which come with a few caveats (such as prepayment), and yes, there are still people out there who will insist on cheques! Can't do anything about that. What I would suggest then, is that you guys pay for each other (one pays another member by Paypal ... you get the idea). I simply haven't got the time any more to look after that aspect of club stands any more apart from the fact that I've made a few bad experiences with such up-front payment sessions, so rather leave it to others to sort.

Tempest

Ok will message the contact for the show and see if I can get some info and if I do i will share. I thought the £5 was to have the car on the stand and then it was £10 per head if paid in advance ??? Never taken a car to a show so I'm clueless lol

OK..... emailed Association of British VW Clubs (ABVWC) and go a reply back from a helpful guy - Steve Neil - apparently its the same arrangements as previous years - email Steve Neil - he will then emaail a gate pass to you and you pay the £5 direct to him on the day - sorted

The email address I contacted him through is - [email protected]

So.... Hopefully see a few of you there and my show virginity will be broken