wapadrand

1994 Black Corrado VR6 - Offers for Engine / Gearbox

It is with great reluctance that I am going to break my black (LA041) VR6 due to significant rust particularly to the nearside passenger door, sill and rear quarter. I had planned to have it repaired and resprayed and even got a spare passenger door (now advertised on the forum) ready for the process. However, economically this cannot be justified. So have decided that it is best broken to breathe life into other unfortunate C's!

The car has been SORN for the past 2 years or. The car had done 184k miles and has been well looked after by local garage since I've owned it (several years).

I am planning to start breaking this with the engine and gearbox for sale.

I have turned the engine over periodically and it has always started first time. The gearbox was always slick with no signs of grinding.

I can arrange for anyone interested can hear the engine running before it is removed should they wish.

Once these have been removed, other parts will become available. I will be keeping one or two bits for myself for my other VR6.

I'm looking for £200 ono for the engine and £125 ono for the gearbox. ANY REASONABLE OFFERS CONSIDERED. Need to move these asap. Collection only. Payment by cash on collection or bank transfer preferred.

If you have any questions please PM me and I will try to answer.

Clive

Edited by wapadrand
Price / Offers

Is the car all standard? I'm after a stainless exhaust system

All original - not stainless. If I find differently I will let you know.

regards

Clive

I imagine this has the cylinder type pas reservoir? Im after the reservoir bracket, that bolts onto the inner wing.

Thanks.

I will look into this: I assume it will be there.

regards

Clive

Are the wings are n good condition? If so I'll take them.

Front ones? Not great! Near-side has a small dent where a cyclist ran into it. Off-side is OK.

regards

Clive

Also take the head lights if in good condition.

Off-side headlight in good condition. Near side has small hole which has been sealed with what looks like resin.

Regards

Clive

Front slam panel too please. Again if in good condition.

I will check - should be OK.

regards

Clive

Front ones? Not great! Near-side has a small dent where a cyclist ran into it. Off-side is OK.

regards

Clive

I'm after good condition ones, so let's leave that.

Off-side headlight in good condition. Near side has small hole which has been sealed with what looks like resin.

Regards

Clive

After a good pair, unless you're willing to sell the good one cheap. Then I'll take it.

When you remove the abs light could you tell me the part no on it please? I'm after 535 919 235 BA

Rich

I am after a bonnet cable and all the fixings, what money would you want for them and when can you get them of for postage.

David

I am after a bonnet cable and all the fixings, what money would you want for them and when can you get them of for postage.

David

Not sure on all pricing yet..will search forum or if you have a good idea?

Will only be able to start removing parts once car gets to the guy who is dismantling it. Need someone interested in engine and gearbox to initiate the whole process.

Regards

Clive

There is a guy (Paceo) on another thread looking for an engine - maybe touch base with him. It was only raised about an hour ago so you should not have to look very far back through the threads

There is a guy (Paceo) on another thread looking for an engine - maybe touch base with him. It was only raised about an hour ago so you should not have to look very far back through the threads

Thanks - will do!

Thanks. Had already found it. In fact I had seen it but didn't contact him as he is looking for an engine where chains etc had been done. Mine, still going strong, has not had anything done to it since I've had it, so assumed it didn't fit the bill. Anyway I have dropped him a note....

regards

Clive