HummuH

Steering UJ/Knuckle

Need a UJ or knuckle, the bit that connects steering rack to column, from a pre 1992 Corrado.

Ideally from a G60/4 stud as I don't know if 5 stud rack differs from 4 stud.

Cheers.

I might have one from a 1990 G60 should the one above be different

Hi mate I have one from a vr6 mate if that any good cant see how they would be different

Thanks. What year of car did it come off? Looks like it could be post 92. Are the last 3 part no's 558?

Cheers.

Not sure buddy cant remember what year. I can check the part number for you mate

That would be great if you could. Cheers.

VR6 will have a different number of splines to the rack, there are 2 types of UJ, pre and post 1992ish 22 and 36 spline

VR6 will have a different number of splines to the rack, there are 2 types of UJ, pre and post 1992ish 22 and 36 spline

Are 4 stud and 5 stud racks different or were the racks the same across the range and all subject to the spline change in 1992?

I haven't been able to find a definitive answer to this but all I know is I need a UJ from an early pre-1992 rack.

My current UJ is for a post 1992 rack and the refurbed rack I have is a pre 1992 rack, so 22 splines.

Are 4 stud and 5 stud racks different or were the racks the same across the range and all subject to the spline change in 1992?

I haven't been able to find a definitive answer to this but all I know is I need a UJ from an early pre-1992 rack.

My current UJ is for a post 1992 rack and the refurbed rack I have is a pre 1992 rack, so 22 splines.

EDIT: thinking about it, all VR6's are post 92 cars aren't they? That means it will have to come off a pre 92 4 stud car then.