Mystic Blue VR

Suspension opinion/advice please

Found a VR6 but is on horrible coilovers.

I'm looking to return it fairly standard except the ride height. Was thinking H&R springs (-30mm) & Sachs dampers (Eurocarparts)Would this set up be compatible & anyone tried it? Keeping standard 15'' wheels.

Open to any other suggestions too!

Also, what bits will I need to revert back from the coilovers?

Cheers,

Steve

Edited by Mystic Blue VR

Anyone? :scratch:

I know of a couple of guys running H&R cup kits, two options, sport & comfort. Small drop, 30mmish?, and the comfort kit apparently retains stock comfort level while sharpening up the handling

How much are you looking to spend?

Bilstein dampers and eibach springs are meant to be a good combo, I will be replacing my crappy coilovers with this set up soon. B4's are OE spec B6,8 and 12 I believe are gas shocks.

I would recommend replacing the top mounts as the coilovers would have probably battered them to death. Obviously have 4 wheel alignment done afterwards as your camber will be all over the place.

I've used B12 kit on other cars and it's a nice setup - have some waiting to go on my MK1 Golf.

As mentioned replace top mounts plus I'd double check all other bushes too whilst your there. A pair of wishbones with bushes fitted from someone like Veedubmachine aren't expensive and you only want to do the job once!

You may also need a pair of these if none are fitted at the moment - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Volkswagen-Corrado-16v-G60-VR6-Eibach-Ez-Front-Camber-Bolts-PAIR-5-81250K-/231410249742?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35e120300e

Thanks for the comments so far guys.

I've looked at the Bilstein B12 kit. Any comments? Don't want anything too low or harsh.

Budget about £600 so possible.

Already has the camber bolts fitted apparently.

I've never driven anything with the b12 kit fitted so can't give you my own opinion, but that is what I will be fitting. Never heard a bad review about them and I think the drop is around 25-30mm?

I've got Bilstein shocks with standard springs (and a H&R rear ARB) and I love the setup. I'm not sure if they are B4 or B6 mind you. Quite a firm ride, but when tramping on, the bumps are soaked up nicely meaning it's a pleasure to drve faster unlike many Audis or our Golf R which are just too hard in many ways.

I used to have the car lowered but much prefer standard height for all round drivability.

Have a look at ebay item number 191199703643 (sorry cant post link) - B12s but says for audi A3 - are there different ones for different cars? - these are on sale at £350 and they are new

Have a look at ebay item number 191199703643 (sorry cant post link) - B12s but says for audi A3 - are there different ones for different cars? - these are on sale at £350 and they are new

Thanks for that, but it is only one & it's for an A3.

Have a look in the suspension discussion thread. It's obviously down to opinion, but people have posted their preferences in there, including the B12. No going back with regard to ride height is the only thing.

Does anyone have a picture of their car on the Bilstein B12 kit?

Have read some very positive comments on this set up. Just wondering what the ride height looks like. Does the type of spring plate affect the ride height?

Does anyone have a picture of their car on the Bilstein B12 kit?

Have read some very positive comments on this set up. Just wondering what the ride height looks like. Does the type of spring plate affect the ride height?

This is mine, taken a short while after fitting:

http://the-corrado.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=77571&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1392069236

Will try and get some better pics over the weekend, weather/snow permitting!

Ian.

Looks like a really nice ride height - but would be good to see better pictures

What's the ride feel like is it still comfortable?

The B12 kit really does sound like the best all round package for the Corrado but my only wish with it, was that it lowered the car a fraction more!

The B12 kit really does sound like the best all round package for the Corrado but my only wish with it, was that it lowered the car a fraction more!

Looks spot on to me! I'm going to have to be a roll center bore again and say Bilstein know what they're doing :)

Its the kit i'd get next, i've had about 6 different suspensions.

Currently have H&R springs on the rear with Sachs advantage shocks and it works quite well. I have koni adjustables on the front set to softest and still find car quite firm, buts its a lot better than the KW V1s (on rough roads)

The thing i like about the sachs shocks is the rears were only £38 each, so didn't mind replacing them if i had to in the next year or so.

Looks spot on to me! I'm going to have to be a roll center bore again and say Bilstein know what they're doing :)

Yeah - I mean I appreciate it'll be the optimal setup from a handling point of view. Just talking purely on looks.. just feels like it needs to be a fraction lower! :)

Its the kit i'd get next, i've had about 6 different suspensions.

Currently have H&R springs on the rear with Sachs advantage shocks and it works quite well. I have koni adjustables on the front set to softest and still find car quite firm, buts its a lot better than the KW V1s (on rough roads)

The thing i like about the sachs shocks is the rears were only £38 each, so didn't mind replacing them if i had to in the next year or so.

Jim,

The Sachs/H&R set up was another one I considered, for a standardish set up. Do you have a picture of the car please?

Thanks for that Ian. Are those 17'' wheels?

No, they are 16" RX2's from a MK3 Golf Anniversary - Car is now back on standard Speedlines for the winter!

Ian.