luke w

Help removing dials

I'm trying to remove the dials from my early 16v Corrado but am having difficulty getting them out of the dash. All the screws are removed and the cluster is loose, but it seems like it won't fit through the gap! I've tried different angles, etc, took a picture below of what seemed like the most likely way of them coming out, but it still seems too tight and feels like the cluster will break. Can anyone give me a many pointers?

717836B4-C705-449E-AADF-26BC1C57CFE7_zps7cnml2qv.jpg

AB655544-D4A9-4BF0-B480-A6589293E423_zpspomha6he.jpg

Have you pulled the plug from the rear ?

IIRC they come out side ways,I've had mine in and out many,many times,never had a problem

I have to turn mine before pulling it out. So the dials are facing down. Just be careful not the scratch the face.

Yeah if you put it back in with the tilt pin in the bracket on the right hand side, just tilt it forward from the top, undo the cable and vacuum line (if its early), then lift it up so both tilt pins are free of the brackets. Lower the column to the lowest setting if its an adjustable one, bring one side out whilst the face of the cluster is facing downward. Shouldn't have a problem from that.

Been a busy recently so only just managed to get round to giving this another go. Unplugged the dials, removed a vacuum line and just need to remove the speedo cable, anyone give me a pointer how this is removed?