Wayne2015

White VR6 in Windy Yorkshire! :)

I should know this but can the idle speed be raised on these? Could be a temporary measure to help against stalling whilst you replace everything.

To be honest there seems a lot of stuff wrong with the car when you got it, stuff that is just down to lack of proper care and maintenance by previous owner as none of it is that bad. It just so happens you are having to fix it all at once that's the bad thing.

Can it be adjusted with the damper valve on the throttle body?

Ian.

Theres a screwy thing you can adjust a bit on the trottle cable where it grips on to the bracket you can move it to tighten the canle a bit but not sure weather it can be used to raise the revs

Theres a screwy thing you can adjust a bit on the trottle cable where it grips on to the bracket you can move it to tighten the canle a bit but not sure weather it can be used to raise the revs

Noted! :)

Can it be adjusted with the damper valve on the throttle body?

Ian.

Thanks Ian!

I will jot everything down and go thru with Sanky on Sunday (he has kindly offered to help :) I bet its gonna snow that day or tsunami etc...)

Wayne,

Was the engine running when you scanned the car for faults? as I am sure you will get the VSS error if you scan without the engine running.

I ran with ignition in position 2 - as the scanner said no need to switch on motor ....I will switch on next time...

Don't you dare sell up or I'll be the only Raddo driver in Bingers and I'll have nobody to wave at, lol.

My daily drive has been a pain some times with little stupid problems (such as stalling)but patience, lots of fixing,over a year of ownership and I'm still loving it (apart from the spoiler that still doesn't work). This morning got one of those fuzzy moments when the moors road was clear, the valver was revving and she ripped down the road. Admittedly I nearly lost her having beaten my corner to corner speed record, but didn't so all well.

Whilst I may be loving the raddo, my better half hates the time/money I throw at running it, but she enjoyed driving it (I can't win, lol)

Cheers Stuart for kind words :)

I will try, I will try to keep spirit up and keep as long as I can....

I had rough start up and idling... Cleaned MAF and all was fine...so that's worth a try. Only cost about £3 for electrical contact cleaner and a couple of quid for the tool to unscrew the sensor

Cheers Chuggs!

I know.

I researched a lot about the possible causes when my car started to stalled

But there was no one clear answer - but a million answers

And some people paid so much in parts and labour and still not fixed :(

When my garaged diagnosed those 2 codes I thought - yay!

And threw my notes away - now I wished I hadn't ... :(

Interestingly

Many VR6OC and GolfGTi forums say the stalling usually only affects the VR6 and its common???

Wayne, hang-in there, it's most likely a simple and cheap fix that will sort the stalling issue. Yes, you have to find it, but don't sell up just yet! You could end up buying another car with more problems.

OK, Andy!

I have faith in my Financial Corrado Advisor!

Nothing to do with the stalling but what fuel are you putting in it.... It ideally should be super unleaded, it runs smoother on the expensive stuff.

Only the best V-power, bud!

EVERY time!

Sorry if I've missed it , but has the isv been cleaned and checked it's working properly ? . If not remove it , and clean it with carb cleaner . Also check the damper box at the back of the throttle body . Sometimes the foam is a bit sketchy and if bits come loose they will cause problems . Make sure the isv is completely dry before re fitting . Also check all vac hoses around the throttle body , it's around an hours work , if that . If all the hoses are removed you can check for splits and holes . Keep at it , compared to the problems some of us have had this is very minor .

Cheers bud!

Yes ISV was cleaned on Sunday with spray cleaner.

How to check if working?

I'm interested in this and I'm all excited

I'm liking my mid life crisis lol

Just need to lose my wife

We go 50/50 mate!

U have it weekends - I all have it weekdays!

And no, I don't mean the missus! Lol :)

I should know this but can the idle speed be raised on these? Could be a temporary measure to help against stalling whilst you replace everything.

To be honest there seems a lot of stuff wrong with the car when you got it, stuff that is just down to lack of proper care and maintenance by previous owner as none of it is that bad. It just so happens you are having to fix it all at once that's the bad thing.

Cheers

Car had 3 owners really...

1st company car

Wife

Sat in garage for 10 years

Last owner for 12months ....

Does sound like it could be the classic idle stabilisation valve. Might be worth trying to pick up a known good second hand on - they can normally be found for something like £20.

Hang in there. When the car is all sorted it'll be really worth it. Believe me I've had my share of pain with my Corrado (and indeed have some issues outstanding that have bought me close to throwing in the towel) but it's really worth just sticking at it as you will get on top of it all!

Cheers Jim :)

ISV cleaned on Sunday.

How to check if working?

Scanner comes back with fault code: 513 (engine speed sensor)...

Stalled on roundabout this morning :eek:

Stalled 4 times on way home :eek:

My current door handles:

E8E61E02-02A6-4185-939F-063068DFBC57-436-000000559CD275AB_zpsa2f50d5c.jpg

B92451BB-50DA-4A0C-8BB8-602C8BD4CFFC-436-00000055A23BF5AE_zps15624633.jpg

1FB4A0B7-434E-4D44-860D-8DC243E3F895-436-00000055A6932F48_zps2b53d0e3.jpg

Hopefully get some new bolts by end of this week?

So i feel UNSAFE to drive (esp with kids)

And car door can easily be OPENED with the handle like that :eek:

So its back in my garage and the Honda is out

A2FC6DCE-EF6A-4153-A5AF-E6438BA18A1B-436-00000055AB2D90BC_zpsbfc59b9e.jpg

Honestly I'm not sure of any way to test the ISV is working, and indeed I think they can appear to be behaving, but still not work correctly. Best thing really is just to try another one on the car if you can get your hands on one.

They're a known weak point that every Corrado owner will have problems with at some point or other.

On a 1.8 16v KR engine you can feel the ISV buzzing if you hold it - plus if you spray cleaner in with the electrical plug on and turn the ignition on it will spit the cleaner out. I'm not sure if the same can be said for the VR? Maybe hold it first, see if you feel it operating?

Just fit an R32 lump and have done with it! No ISV problems then!

So corrado engines rubbish?

Honestly I'm not sure of any way to test the ISV is working, and indeed I think they can appear to be behaving, but still not work correctly. Best thing really is just to try another one on the car if you can get your hands on one.

They're a known weak point that every Corrado owner will have problems with at some point or other.

Ok thanks Jim!

On a 1.8 16v KR engine you can feel the ISV buzzing if you hold it - plus if you spray cleaner in with the electrical plug on and turn the ignition on it will spit the cleaner out. I'm not sure if the same can be said for the VR? Maybe hold it first, see if you feel it operating?

Noted!

Wayne I've just bought a set of wiper arm cover caps from Heritage pretty cheaply. The ones on the aqua were missing and mine are faded, so swapped them over.

Part number 1J0-955-205A. £1.71 each.

Thanks Sean :)

Found Another supplier that we can go too :)

C7DF73B9-93F8-4EC8-A50D-B05FF4372517-970-0000014B0B8DD66C_zps125d4875.jpg

6382253C-E364-48BF-9395-CE4023A15FF4-970-0000014B10237BCF_zps669d6efc.jpg

D15670C2-177B-48F2-94D0-8F1241E66388-970-0000014A7DD1A90E_zpsa324e371.jpg

5E0F463E-68BA-45E0-9E2A-B200F41D8621-970-0000014A8571B850_zps6b310aa0.jpg

9ED6FDDB-8BEC-42A0-B6B6-C1655005F588-970-0000014A8AEF96F5_zps524b4f20.jpg

C8F96DF3-836D-4CD9-A319-DA798901AEB1-970-0000014A8F8542D1_zpsef7e1724.jpg