Tobz_mw

2.0 16v TPS

Hi guys tried using the search thread and couldn't find anything!

I have a 2.0 16v 9A and its just started to idle really iratically. Revs jumping up and down on idle and jumping right up to 3000rpm and then dropping back down to 900rpm all on idle.

i got the car scanned In on a diagnostics and it can back with fault 00516 (closed throttle idle position switch). Set about looking for throttle position sensor and couldn't find it? Assumed it would be on the throttle body?

So just wondering if anybody knew if and where the Throttle position sensor Is or if there is one as read on another vw site something about a micro switch? And also how to Rectify the fault code or idle issue.

It's that little switch on the throttle body where the butterfly rests, plug is underneath the throttle body. I found on my kr the wires corroded

see my thread, not cured but similar findings. Need a new MAF but hopefully be here tonight in the post1

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=89926

The 9a has a TPS potentiometer underneath the throttle body out of sight, you need to remove tb to get at it. You should here a click when you move the throttle from idle and another click when moved back. I have all fault finding in my thread. Disconnect connecter at side left of throttle body and do som resistance checks to check the TPS is doing what its suppose to at idle and full throttle. i.e open/closed depending on position of throttle. also possibility of ISV and temp sender. Does the ISV buzz when running? any change when disconnected? I was getting same fault code but its my MAF potentiometer thats duff (all in above thread). Will have a look at bentley book tonight and see what the tests with multimeter readings should be (2 min job) thats if you have a multimeter,lol

Oh no that sucks Toby :(

When I bought the car and had the original idle/stalling issues (which was the poor connection to the lambda - think I told you that bit?) I did check the TPS operation. With the engine off you can hear it click quietly as soon as you open the throttle butterfly. It was working ok from that point of view.

Maybe worth checking the lambda connections again to ensure they're ok. The garage opposite me stuck a chock-block on and taped up. It seemed solid enough so I didn't touch it again but you never know.

That very tidy

Why did you post on this thread though??

Removed by mods now, some strange people around putting sales in others threads when there's a classified section..................

Yeah - saw it and trashed it. I just think some people don't know how to use the internet.

Yeah - saw it and trashed it. I just think some people don't know how to use the internet.

He managed half a dozen pics and even more surprisingly a price! I suspect he thought there was a price to pay to sell his item hence spamming a recent post?

I guess when I say not knowing how to use the internet, I don't just mean the technical aspect.. but also the one of being a good citizen, reading the rules, etc ;)

At the top of every page here there's a box for "Classified" Click on it

the phrase 'no need' comes to mind!

we dont need people with such mindsets on here - mods take the appropriate action pls

I think you are the ****ing prick I am new too this side

Good way to introduce yourself to a forum whilst trying to sell stuff. Top work that man! :rolleyes:

don't like some people taking a **** if I am new to forum ,so didn't know where I have to put the photos it's not a big deal

true - pictures or posts in the wrong place is not a big deal - however, the way in which you feel you can conduct yourself on here & how you speak to fellow members (who just happen to be site admins) is a big deal & totally unacceptable

Bit harsh to call me a prick! But I will accept I was quick to jump to a conclusion.

But I notice from a quick bit of research you're a motor trader and you've only just acquired the Corrado and are already selling it on. Honestly this isn't that kind of forum - we're really looking for folks who will be here longer term, to contribute to the community - not just turn up, sell a car, and move on.

However if you would like to submit a proper advert, please go for it. Posting them on existing threads isn't the way to do things. The aforementioned links on how to use the classifieds should be your first port of call.

This is the link: http://the-corrado.net/classifieds.php

Cheers.

Bit harsh to call me a prick! But I will accept I was quick to jump to a conclusion.

But I notice from a quick bit of research you're a motor trader and you've only just acquired the Corrado and are already selling it on. Honestly this isn't that kind of forum - we're really looking for folks who will be here longer term, to contribute to the community - not just turn up, sell a car, and move on.

However if you would like to submit a proper advert, please go for it. Posting them on existing threads isn't the way to do things. The aforementioned links on how to use the classifieds should be your first port of call.

This is the link: http://the-corrado.net/classifieds.php

Cheers.

very gentlemanly Jim

If we could all stop having a keyboard fight on my thread that would be superb as my phones going crazy with notifications!

Thank you kind people! :)

If we could all stop having a keyboard fight on my thread that would be superb as my phones going crazy with notifications!

Thank you kind people! :)

my apologies tobz

my apologies tobz

Its okay i did wonder at first why he had just posted random pics of a car haha!

Was no need for the way he spoke to you guys though!