Wayne2015

Stealth Racing: Looking at a small remap

263s + fitting, and a remap I reckon is probably somewhere in the region of £700. Not cheap, and being the tight arse I am, I wouldn't do it for the gains they give. Obviously driveability will be improved with the remap as well, but you could get a good used stage 1 supercharger kit for not much more if you were that way inclined.

263s + fitting, and a remap I reckon is probably somewhere in the region of £700. Not cheap, and being the tight arse I am, I wouldn't do it for the gains they give. Obviously driveability will be improved with the remap as well, but you could get a good used stage 1 supercharger kit for not much more if you were that way inclined.

Cheers Sean!

I not usually into mods and like my cars standard (unless already modded when bought).

£700 far too much for me for the gains of is it 26bhp?

I am happy with just 10-15 just for the remap.

ONLY reason I looking into it now is maybe I gotton used to the power and feel it lacks a bit ooomph lower to mid range?

And that cars in general have flat spots?

But I not noticed it in mine yet...

24v conversion

Swap in a 2.8 24v from a low mileage golf 4motion with a mapped ecu you will see minimum 220 bhp/ftlbs torque from a standard engine with shed load more torque down low

Depends where you want to go with it in the long run

I paid £300 for the engine gear box ecu wiring loom and after a sold what I didn't use old engine etc I was up £50 but I did it myself

24v conversion

Swap in a 2.8 24v from a low mileage golf 4motion with a mapped ecu you will see minimum 220 bhp/ftlbs torque from a standard engine with shed load more torque down low

Depends where you want to go with it in the long run

I paid £300 for the engine gear box ecu wiring loom and after a sold what I didn't use old engine etc I was up £50 but I did it myself

Cheers bud!

Awesome when u can do the work yourself :)

Not only will u save loads - but also seeing the satisfaction of your own work :)

Not for me.

But nice to know - thanks again

Oh basically what I ment was if you can get the engine ecu etc cheap enough by the time you sell all the bits you don't need you will only would have paid for the labour

Oh basically what I ment was if you can get the engine ecu etc cheap enough by the time you sell all the bits you don't need you will only would have paid for the labour

Nice one!

Problem I have is I don't know when its the RIGHT part in good nick and for RIGHT price :(

But cheers for heads up :)