Design380

Project Blackberry!

Hello All,

Having lurked on here for over a year and taking an interest in all your great cars, thought it time I made an effort to show what I’m up to!

Bought this last January, 1995 N plate Blackberry VR6 nice honest 2 owner car, bought it on the condition that it wouldn’t become another project!! oh dear!

I wanted to sort the paint which has been done but as always one thing shows another up and before you know it, yes you got it, it’s a project!

As it started

pic_1.jpg

After paint

corrado_web6.jpg

On way home

corrado_web8.jpg

Powder coating starts

corrado_web1.jpg

corrado_web2.jpg

corrado_web3.jpg

corrado_web7.jpg

Rear beam out!

corrado_web4.jpg

corrado_web5.jpg

This is where I'm at, lots I'd like to do which include suspension, brakes, exhaust and so on!

Cheers - Paul

Very nice mate, I'm wanting to take the rear beam off mine at some point, need to get the rest of it back together before I do that!

Welcome along !

Looks like you are at a similar stage to me, mines about to go in for paint.

Suspension refurb planned for later in the year.:)

Wonderful to see another one gone to someone who's keen to give the car a lot of TLC. Welcome to the forum and great work :)

Lovely job so far, if you are after a good paint finish for aluminium in the engine bay that can stand up to the temperatures I can recommend Alumablast.

Hi Paul

Nice to see the VR & your good work is progressing.

Not sure if you will recall but we met at box tree's shell station some time ago. hopefully we can both attend a local meet in the warmer weather.

could i please ask where you had your paint sorted? if you could PM me some details i would be very grateful.

I am off to longlife for a new stainless system tomorrow, which is one of the last essential big jobs to tick off as ive done all the running gear, suspension, head rebuild & subtle mods, & that means it is time to start saving & looking for a paint shop which i can trust & has guarantees on their work. i dont want to end up being stung with bloody micro blisters again

i am hoping to be able to have a glass out full respray. did you remove the glass & bumpers etc yourself?

thanks in advance

andy

Hello Andy,

Yes I certainly do remember! If I recall we were going to try and catch up last year, where did the time go!

My intention was to keep this on the road as improved things, oh well all good intentions! I now have lots of parts in boxes, good fun though!

New stainless system sounds great you must let me know how it goes, that's also on the list at some point. I'm based not far from where we met, if you fancy a blast out on a Saturday you could come over and look at my progress and the paint on the car of which I'm very happy with.

It would be good to get your advice on brake upgrades etc.

Cheers - Paul

Excellent :)

The time certainly flew by! I did try to attend some local meets at teh end of summer but unfortunately the black boy meet in knowle got cancelled due to insurance reasons & the moat house meet in alcester was in between locations as the pub closed.

I also sold my apartment & brought a house so that took up pretty much from may until december

im glad you are having fun with your blackbery, even if it has ended up as more of a project. however, with the work so far im sure you will end up with a stunning example

i will indeed let you know once the system is fabricated & installed tomorrow. i think i may be acting a forum guinea pig for longlife as exhaust solutions as scarce at present & it might produce a group buy or discount etc for others on here.

a blast & car chat etc sounds great Paul! ive got my hands full over the next few weeks as im boarding out my outhouse & also knocking my dining room through with my kitchen but if you could drop me a PM about your paint please include your mobile & i will get in touch so we can arrange something :)

WOW!!!! what a beautiful piece of machinery :D

what engine is in there? is it the small block V8?

the condition looks excellent Paul - how much of a resto job was it?

Thanks mate, yes small block V8 289cui, I imported from Texas in 2003 good straight car all numbers matching always been Candy Apple Red, passenger side floor required a small amount of attention which then led (as they do!) to a full nut and bolt restoration taking me 6 years!

ooo nice a proper lazy US V8! i can imagine the sound now.....thus may need a bathroom break ;) lol

love the colour & you have a high standard of work. i will look forward to hopefully seeing it at some point soon.

i showed the gf too & she said that is one of the only types of motors she would give up her storm for!! lol

After seeing the thread 'Anyone speak German' thanks Robin for the pic, I decided to order from the chap in Germany, they've just arrived and have to say I'm very impressed with the quality and closeness to the original part, I was part of the group buy from the USA last year and was happy overall with them but did feel they lacked the original look and feel.

Take a look:

corrado_foam1.jpg

corrado_foam2.jpg

Well packaged too

corrado_foam3.jpg

Cheers Paul

After seeing the thread 'Anyone speak German' thanks Robin for the pic, I decided to order from the chap in Germany, they've just arrived and have to say I'm very impressed with the quality and closeness to the original part, I was part of the group buy from the USA last year and was happy overall with them but did feel they lacked the original look and feel.

Take a look:

corrado_foam1.jpg

corrado_foam2.jpg

Well packaged too

corrado_foam3.jpg

Cheers Paul

just fitted mine..... mine came in the same box, arrived today too.....

be prepared to make a sticky mess.... sheet over engine. spray with white spirit in it and credit card.... takes about 2 hours to remove the old foam.