Dan7690

Crackle black

I'm thinking about spraying some of my plastic trims in the textured crackle black but I'm struggling to find what product to go for. Has anyone gone for this type of finish? If so what did you use???

Just done my shrick with it , use vht make its great and as said just make sure its warm , i found wafting it with a heat gun worked well every now and again

I struggled with crackle paint, I found I had to spray it on quite thick then heat it with a heat gun to make it crackle. Think I used vht as well

I used the vht crackle black on my g60 block and rocker cover. It does really need to be cured on anything other than engine parts that cure it naturally.

I also painted my right eye ball with it due to a rather deceptive spray nozzle.

Haha I did pretty much the same just not in my eye. Lol I ive heard the halfords truck bed liner is quite good so I'm now off to try and find that!

Ooh that's a nice bit of intake pipework, presume that's home made? Where did you get 180 degree pipe from? That's how I want to route mine

Sure is mate, the 180 part is from auto silicone hoses. I couldn't find many tight bend 180 stainless steel pipe in 3 inch guise. The other end is attached to a silicone joiner to the MAF and the airbox.

I've got future plans but need to find some parts first!