greegs

Anyone got Audi TT competition alloys? I have a question...

Hi All. Just got my set of TT comps today. Bought them from Ebay without even seeing a picture, well dodgy I know! Wasn't sure what was going to arrive today but I'm well chuffed they are minted and look the nuts. :D :D :D :D They are complete with pirelli p6000 tyres all with at least 5mm of tread and I got them delivered from Middlesex to just north of Edinburgh all for £450. WHAT A BARGAIN!!!!

The problem I have is, when fitting them the rear centre caps fall off due to the rear hub dust cap. Somebody at work told me just to remove dust caps but I'm not to keen. Thinking about knocking caps with a hammer to flatten them as we are not talking much to fit centres.

Surely some of you out there with the same wheels must have had this problem at first. How did you get round this??

Any help appreciated. :D

I understand that this problem always occurs when fitting to a Corrado, a slim spacer of perhaps 3mm should solve the problem.

I looked into these wheels for my VR & apparently you do need 3-5mm spacers on the rear to allow for the dished centre of the Comps. I ended up getting 6 spoke 225 alloys instead, which don't need any spacers. If the tyres that came with them are 225/45's, you'll need to ditch these too for 205 or 215 40's.

HTH

Robbo

I've got the Comp's on my VR, a set of spacers sorts the problem out. I used 7mm ones as they were the only ones available at the time but I imagine 5mm would do the same job.

Chris

thanks guys spacers it is then. What size of tyres do you have fitted chris. I've got 225 40 17 all round.

if you go down the spacer route (which isn't a bad idea) make sure you get longer bolts too just to stay safe! ;)

Hi cheers for advice guys got my 205/40/17 toyo proxes today. 4 brand new delivered for £230 not bad eh?

Fitting 5mm spacers on back and using same wheel nuts as there is loads of threads left after spacer fitment. Will put some pics up once everything is on.

Thanks again for advice 8)

Only thing to watch is when you put spacers on it afects the brakes. wont be a prob usaly but as soon as you have a brake faliure it will cause some damage.

Gman, Eh? in what way does it effect the brakes? You've got me confused with that statement as I've run spacers on all sorts of cars from my Beetle to my current Corrado G60 with no problems...

Oh, welcome to the forum though... 8)

Since you asked... ;) I used adaptors to fit Peugeot 205 GTI alloys to my Beetle... 1.6 engine on twin 40 delortos with an engle 110 cam and a nice interior, smoothed body work finished off in Mercedes Barlo red (VERY deep dark ruby-ish red) never finished it 'cos I went to Uni and sold it to some mates who broke it (and my heart with it) and used it for spares... :cry: :(

But I've also fitted spacers to Beach buggies, a BAJA bug we built and a SERIOUS beetle we built with a 2.1litre engine built around an early semi auto chassis (independent rear suspension and Torsion bar front suspension) running on genuine brand new Porsche Fusch alloys with spacers on 'em to make 'em fit in the wings nicely.... 8) I ALWAYS wanted that beetle 'cos it had no compromises made when the guy was speccing out what he wanted in it... Lovely... 8)

Anywho, back on topic, Looks great greegs... 8)

Thanks guys just ordered my turn2 air filter tonight so will now have the right soundtrack to match the looks :lol:

Only thing to watch is when you put spacers on it afects the brakes. wont be a prob usaly but as soon as you have a brake faliure it will cause some damage.

nice name .. :roll:

change the rear disks to VR6 ones and then change the front hubs and disks to VR6 ones... Oh, and don't forget to buy new wheel bolts as the VR6 uses 14mm bolts, not 12mm! :lol:

why just have to change rear discs? hubs attached or something?

wny idea how much all that would cost?

the rear disks also are the bearing carriers, so you just buy VR6 rear disks which have the 5 tapped holes in them, with a new set of bearings and they fit onto the same stub axles... It's the fronts which are a git 'cos you've got to change the whole hub as well as the disk... :|

sorry for bein thick but how do u go about fitting 5 stud TT alloys to a 4 stud corrado?

what abt a 5stud adaptor plates??

if you're going 4x100 to 5x100 you can do it with adaptor plates, but you need to be careful with the offset of the wheels and take into account the thickness of the adaptors (typically around 20mm)

hi

Ive got TT Competition rims on my C. I tried it both ways but it fits better with the dust cap off. Nevertheless i left them on and hammered them down.

:D