thamouse1981

its pretty annoying

To be searching for a corrado to buy checking the forum every 30 mins looking for another advert to go up only for it to be a random part incorrectly placed in the cars for sale section...which has now happened 4 times

Do you have a wanted ad up? People could link you in if they find anything that may be of interest. What are you looking for, and what's your budget?

Thats not a bad idea, i thought i found my perfect one at work left a note on his window got a message saying it could be for sale. In my budget but there seems to be multiple oil leaks and kicking out some vapor on idle after being driven for 1.5hrs. Would this be normal in a vr6 with a straight through system mapped for optimax?

I have seen that one looks nice but unfortunately 400 miles from me i think but that is the kind of the car im after

For the spec your after you need to travel... Their not like a Ford Focus that you can buy in your local town.

Think of the awesome drive home... But take a few spanners with you...

For some strange reason all the nice cars are up north.

Edited by delfinis38

You are right, I also like to buy from someone on the forum as they tend to give the a bigger picture of the cars history through build threads etc

Have a dig round here this car has been sold a few time on this forum over the last few years.... I dunno anything about it.

My strong preference when looking for any enthusiast car such as the Corrado is to buy one from a forum or club member. Generally speaking they are interested in the car enough to become part of the community and as you can see, you'll often find history about the car through it's ownership.

Edited by Portent

For the spec your after you need to travel... Their not like a Ford Focus that you can buy in your local town.

Think of the awesome drive home... But take a few spanners with you...

For some strange reason all the nice cars are up north.

This is so true, all the awesome cars are up north 'wink wink'

But yeah you do have to travel for the right car, as there are not many decent ones left. Just make sure you get detailed pictures of any areas of concern, and always get current pictures not from when it was looking its best. If the seller is genuine they should supply these no problems.

Because once you've committed to go view it, you've really almost bought it already.