robrado974

No mot scare .

I take the VR ang the Mrs golf to kwikfit for the mot's . I have a mate who works there . You are supposed to receive notification when the mot is nearly due , around a months notice . My Mrs got hers for the golf , so I booked it in today , I get a phone call from my mate saying it's not due till July ! . He looked up mine while he was on the phone and mine ran out in march ! . So I've been driving with no mot ! , no reminder at all . It's my fault as well for not remembering but with a busy work load I clean forgot . So glad I didn't get a tug from old bill .

Lucky escape there mate! My sister in law was pulled over a couple of years back, and her MOT had expired about 8 months before! The police officer looked at her, must have thought 'dumb blonde' and just told her to get it booked in today! Not sure you as a bloke would have been so lucky!

Out of interest, what with new tax rules etc, does anyone know roughly what percentage of police cars actually carry the anpr computer/camera?

I thought it was only motorway cars that carried those ? .

AFAIK its only dedicated traffic policing vehicles that have ANPR, however all police cars have access to the PNC and DVLA data to do manual detail requests I believe.

Makes sense. I just assumed there would be a larger number now fitted, with the opportunists taking a few liberties with not having to display a disk.

There are a lot more plain camera vans around now to catch the tax dodgers . I went past one the other day , geezer sat in the van reading the paper , while the computer beeps and sends the offenders details to the DVLA . I thought I would Apply for that job !