Rradofun

VW Corrado engine conversion

Hi guys I am just looking for some recommendations for places to get my engine conversion done I have a vw corrado 2.0 8v but the head gaskets on its way out and when I drove it last summer it started misfiring and having a few other problems so I have purchased my mums 2001 vw golf v5 very cheap as I want to use it as a donor engine in my corrado. I have found one place in Basingstoke but I want to get a few more quotes to compare and choose from so if you know any companies or private mechanics that are good at this type of job in Hampshire please let me know

Many Thanks

If its the 20V V5 then its as complicated as the BDE V6 (VVT on both cams), you may as well fit the V6 as it'll be worth more than the extra cost of buying the engine when it comes to sell it

The V5 is a fairly poor engine too in many respects.. quite underpowered given the displacement, with abysmal fuel economy.. though it would certainly be a fairly unique conversion (not heard of anyone doing a V5 swap into a Corrado) and the exhaust note sounds just like the lovely 5 cylinder Audi's :)

The V5 is a fairly poor engine too in many respects.. quite underpowered given the displacement, with abysmal fuel economy..

I owned a 10V Golf estate for 2 years, averaged just shy of 30 MPG in that time, performance was OK for 150BHP, much nicer to drive than a 1.8T Octavia touring the coastal routes of Cornwall as that was always off boost on the tight and twisty roads, the 1.8T was 10% better on fuel though.

Would I fit one to a Corrado, no

I agree, for similar money you can find a 1.8t which would be a load better and the 2.8 24v version engines can be had for 5 or 600 quid quite easily. It's only when you go looking for the 3.2 engines that you find R tax is added. 24v for noise and 1.8t for bang for buck.