Mystic Blue VR

First pics of Storm

Well the car's off the road for the Winter now. It's been a busy year with the car & I've got through all the major jobs. Body & paint, new suspension, mechanical check/repair & replace where necessary, dash changed (many thanks Chris!) due to mobile phone kit holes & new heater matrix.

Changing the headlight bulbs for better ones & fitting an uprated loom soon. On the to do list for 2016 are drivers seat refurb, replace dash bulbs, investigate boot light not working (suspect microswitch?) replace duff ABS rear sensor, replace weeping sump gasket, fix loose centre console & replace passenger side glass due to scratch. Need passenger side outside scraper seal if anyone has a new or perfect one?

Quick pic before going under the dust cover. [ATTACH=CONFIG]82644[/ATTACH]

I love this car. Must try & drive it more next year!

Edited by Mystic Blue VR

good man

and good progress this year Steve. also I must add after seeing this in the person its looks top notch

couple of pics next to Verity

20151009_195712_zpsfwt0nijz.jpg

20151010_193437_zpszlasyghu.jpg

Uprated loom & Osram Nightbreakers now installed. Not quite straightforward, but then things often aren't. Tricky to find a suitable place to mount the relays away from moisture. On first switch on no lights! Which turned out to be a dodgy connector on the end of the original harness which was fixed by cable tying together tightly. Second attempt lights but no O/S side light, which was a simple blown bulb.

Chris, (Lilfuzzer) many thanks for doing it! :thumbleft:

The Corrado now has the two essential mods in my opinion. Uprated wipers & lights.

I think that's it for now & I'll let the car hibernate over the Winter. Drivers seat refurb first job in the Spring.

Just been reading through this thread. My own Storm could do with some paint too.

How did the bodyshop deal with the rear quarter windows? Did they pop them out and reinstall them after or just pull back the seals and blow the paint in?

The job looks top quality, maybe worth a ferry trip and drive from here to use the same shop.

What brakes have you fitted behind the BBS Solitudes? I have 312's on mine and I was told 15" Solitudes wouldn't fit.

I couldn't get anyone to remove the rear windows. Such a tricky job no one would touch them! I told the painter I didn't want a hard edge around the rear window seals & I'm not quite sure what he did but there isn't. You would think they had been removed it's that good. Think is was down to very careful masking & some 'special' tape that prevented hard edges?

Brakes are standard I believe.

A long way to come for a respray but, for the money, a very good job. Not perfect but very good & I'm pleased, which is what matters.

When you say "not perfect", what's wrong with the job?

Do you know what brand of paint they used?

I'm being picky! Two very small 'foreign bodies' in the paint & the recess, where the rear hatch is could be better. I'm sure if I instructed him to remove the rubber seal & paint he would have. Apart from that I'm very happy! :cheers:

I have no idea what paint he used but it is a very very good match to the original.

Nothing wrong with being picky :)

You don't want to be getting a respray every few years!

How long did it take the shop to do? I would probably leave the car there for a few months. Don't like rushing people and I don't drive her much this time of year.

Yours looked really clean beforehand. Mine is fairly good, but has a little patch of bubbling around the filler cap and some more around the front arches. I have two secondhand wings to replace.

Thinking about fitting a Transporter Wing Vent too. But blowing hot and cold on that. Not sure how much air feed it really provides and I don't want to spoil the looks of a rare car.

I think it took him about five weeks. Initially it was two to three but, like you I didn't want to rush him as long as it didn't turn into months. Been down that road with another car! The car was pretty good to start with. There was some light corrosion on the lips of the wings & a bubble near one of the screw holes where it had crept. The worst are was the bottom of the NSR wheel arch but once ground back to bright metal was pretty good. The NS wing was removed on mine due to a dent & needed to be realigned.

I decided to keep mine fairly standard apart from slightly lowered suspension. I like the factory look & there are very few of them left, especially Storms.

I'd better ask, or Dazza will shout at me.

Have you joined the "Corrado Storm Owners" Facebook Group? :)

I'd better ask, or Dazza will shout at me.

Have you joined the "Corrado Storm Owners" Facebook Group? :)

Didn't know there was one! I presume you have to ask to join the group?

Just find it through the Search. Click "Join" and Dazza will approve you in a couple of minutes.

Then post some pics! :)

Posted in wanted section but thought I'd put it on here too.

Morning chaps.

I'm looking for a set of original Corrado mats, the black carpet type with 'Corrado' on them. New would be very nice (!) or excellent condition.

If anybody can help please PM me.

Your price (within reason!) paid. :shrug:

Update on the mats. Spoke to my local dealer about it &, much to my surprise, said he could get a set but wasn't sure if they would have the Corrado embroidered on them. I decided to take a chance as I knew they would be better than what I have. £54.00 to find out.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83139[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]83140[/ATTACH]

They are decent quality & fit well, rear ones not quite right, the front ones are near spot on. That said I'm sure the last set I bought for my old Corrado back in 2007 or so were even better quality &,of course, had Corrado on them. Still looking for a set if anyone has them!

Edited by Mystic Blue VR

Mat update. Managed to get an embroidery firm to 'Corrado' my mats. Not quite as the original ones & cost £10.00 per mat plus a £12.00 charge for the set up but it was one of those little touches that I like.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83232[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]83233[/ATTACH]