Ray1965

Whilst shopping in the Range

I was in the Range with the Mrs at the weekend and saw this on a display playing on a small dvd screen, we have all seen them and got a shock when i watched it.

Nice Looking C! Won't stay that way long using that stuff though. How to swirl the shiz out of your paint in 3 easy steps! Lol

I was in the Range with the Mrs at the weekend and saw this on a display playing on a small dvd screen, we have all seen them and got a shock when i watched it.

Nice looking coraddo. Can't say I'll be rushing out to buy the product.

Had seen that vid some time ago at my local Range branch, too, but never got round to posting it here. Who's Rado is that?

Tempest

I posted a similar product last year , a JML one . Can you imagine what this would do !!! . I'd like to see it actually work , while I was watching someone use it , or try it on an old panel .

My son is really into the detailing of cars two bucket system when he washes his car, clay bar, more polishes and towels than halfords and he goes mad when he sees this, funny to wind him up as well. lol :smug:

I had a pestering from some waterless wash guy at a show. He just wouldn't take no for an answer and it was only when I promised to break his fingers if he touched my car that he took the hint. The thought of this "technique" makes me cringe!!

Good spot though Ray :)

Haha nice one Chris, i could imagine, come near my car with that and the bottle will go where the sun don't shine !

back on the video what a shame using that on a red G60, shameful behaviour if you ask me.

I had a pestering from some waterless wash guy at a show. He just wouldn't take no for an answer and it was only when I promised to break his fingers if he touched my car that he took the hint. The thought of this "technique" makes me cringe!!

Good spot though Ray :)

I'm quite into my detailing and I use a type of waterless wash - Optimum No Rinse and I find it excellent. Certainly doesn't inflict any more swirls or marring than my old two bucket method. A lot depends on technique?

I bet you only use it in the summer though Jamie. Its good when there are hosepipe bans and your car is just a bit dusty, or when you get to a show after a bit of a drive. The unsuspecting general public will be using this stuff in the depths of winter when the car is covered in muck and grit, and will think its great, scrubbing away with their asda sponge!

Water simply cannot be replaced for getting shut of muck in the 1st instance. Optimum is far from waterless Jamie, just no rinse. I'd prep the car the same way by jetting it if using such a product.

At the end of the day it's horses for courses and this horse likes to have a splash and avoid gritty mf cloths when bathing :)

Maybe it's the magic of science these days ? I just cannot see how you can wipe away mud or grit etc , without it scratching .

It'll be safe as houses and the bottle will confirm this. No doubt the stuff will be full of polymer bonded snakeoil electrolyte nano cells and regular use will increase your MPG.

oooo nothing better than "polymer bonded snakeoil electrolyte nano cells" gonna get me some of that I am! lol

I'm quite into my detailing and I use a type of waterless wash - Optimum No Rinse and I find it excellent. Certainly doesn't inflict any more swirls or marring than my old two bucket method. A lot depends on technique?

I agree, i use that Optimum no rinse as well, not that often though and not on a really dirty car. Its good for giving the car a quick clean if its stuck in the garage.

I don't use my car through the winter and it never really gets that dirty so I wouldn't really know myself, but there's plenty of people on Detailing World who use it all year round.

But then I'd never use a jet wash anywhere near my car ever again either

How come? I was questioning snow foam while stripping my car down, i was worried it might cause problems and its doesn't drain off like water does and could be getting into places water doesn't normally make it.

Snow foam just loosens the dirt so removes the majority of crap after rinsing. The less you actually touch the car the better, so you don't need to be very aggressive with your wash mitt to get the toughest dirt off. Snow foam is very good stuff, just a pity the lances can be so expensive.

I've seen pressure washers remove paint from bumpers before. I use one on my car, but I certainly don't get too close. It was a very nervous moment the first time I did it after paint though. Any poor prep will be unearthed pretty sharpish with a high pressure jet!

Snow foam just loosens the dirt so removes the majority of crap after rinsing. The less you actually touch the car the better, so you don't need to be very aggressive with your wash mitt to get the toughest dirt off. Snow foam is very good stuff, just a pity the lances can be so expensive.

Haha - have to disagree there Sean. Personally I think it's even more of a gimmick than ONR.

I've seen pressure washers remove paint from bumpers before. I use one on my car, but I certainly don't get too close. It was a very nervous moment the first time I did it after paint though. Any poor prep will be unearthed pretty sharpish with a high pressure jet!

I don't believe swirls can be avoided 100% but I have noticed a significant reduction since I stopped using a jet wash.

Fair enough, agree to disagree about foam Jamie, but you're right about swirls being unavoidable 100%. That's where I think foam helps as the vast majority are inflicted by contact. Less contact with foam = fewer swirls. :p