Sign in to follow this  
dazzyvr6

2.0 16v starting problem

posting for a friend

she ran it low on petrol,then filled it up,and it cut out twice on her on the way home,got it restarted,she then drove quite a few miles to a car meet with no problems,next day she went to work and back again with no problems,that when she was out in it at night it cut out and would not restart,she says its trying to start but just wont catch,the fuel pump is turning on,and she changed the filter but still wont start anyone got any other ideas to whats wrong with it??its a 2.0 16v

I've had a similar problem a couple of times. Basically car turns over but will not start. Disconnect battery for about 15 minutes then reconnect and hopefully it will start OK (resets ECU) , that's how I cure problem with my car (93 VR6). What type of fuel was used? I use Tesco unleaded and am starting to think this could be the problem although I do run it low on fuel quite a lot which probably doesn't help matters much. Fuel filter has been changed recently Going to try BP or Shell for a while and see how I get on. Did try Shell Opticrap but didn't notice any difference whatsoever apart from the price. :)

ok so the Corrado in question was mine! I got it started . Basically took the unions on the injector pipes off. They looked clean but when I put them back it fired :roll: . But Im still not happy would of prefered to have found something definate wrong . And yes I do use Tesco petrol . Not anymore though ...................

Had the same problem with mine when I first got it and after replacing the spark plugs and leads it stopped - I just have lots of other problems now! :lol:

If it's not that then I would try running some injector cleaner through it (also did that to mine and it seemed to help a bit)

Good luck getting it sorted

Phil

Welcome to the forum BTW

Have done the injector cleaner this morning , its running fine now . which is wierd , not saying it wont die again at some point :(