adamh

Buying a Corrado

Hi everyone,

Im 19 from the north east of england looking at buying a Corrado vr6 I absolutely love the cars I was wondering what everyones general thoughts are on the car and what measures people have gone to for future preservation

Thanks in advance Adam

Hi and welcome, I'm a relatively new member to this forum although I have been looking on here for a few years just to see the pics as I to love the cars. I do love my car but its a pretty poor example when you see some other members cars on here, just have a look through the members gallery to see all the fine examples. Good luck finding a corrado and good luck with the insurance as im sure it wont be cheap at your age:eek: :thumbleft:

Hi Adam, welcome to the forum!

First of all, I think with your age it'd be worth checking out insurance as they are high insurance group. Classic policies can be had, but again because of your age, most won't allow it. The 2.0 8v and 1.8 or 2.0 16v would be cheapest for you. Have a look in the wiki section in general for the buying guide, and continue reading posts on here for a while to get a general feeling of what problems can occur. These cars are 20 year + old, so there will be problems. Good luck with your search, and if you do decide to take the plunge, be prepared to travel, and don't be impatient, the right one will come up eventually. :thumbleft:

Thanks for the reply guys I had a pleasant surprise with insurance I had the exact same qoute as my current c2 vts for a vr6 ive been watching these cars for nearly 2 years building up a knowledge base on the car servicing running costs my main priority is to preserve the car for the future so other people can enjoy it aswell im just keeping my eye open for a nice unmolested one to have as a nice project ill make sure to have a browse through the threads on here thanks for your help guys

Hi,

Yes study the buyers guide like it's the bloomin' bible so your clued up on what is what as there is plenty rough ones out there that you'll want to avoid. Rust isn't really a major issue but you'll want to check the front of both sills where they meet the wings and all around the windscreen as these are the areas you'll find it.

Good luck with your search.

good luck with the search hope you find a good one, 19 is young for insurance on any car you'll probably get stung,can't believe some of the hoops young drivers have to jump through these days to get decent insurance, but hey we don't know ya and you maybe minted....welcome to the forum

Welcome to the forum mate and good luck with the search. Buyers guide will help you learn some common things to look for anything beyond that then just ask :)