seanl82

Aqua blue VR6 on ebay

Glad this car which was potentially going to the scrap yard before it was rescued by Sean and now sold onto another enthusiast!

The gear change is naturally a bit woolly, I think new cables are the only cure but a short shift can disguise it very well indeed. I've driven a car with one of Daves short shift kits and it was very nice indeed!

Thanks Rob.

Couldn't help but go out and have another nose. A bolt was missing off the bottom of the weighted lump on the top of the horizontal shifter cable :)

Just about to raid my various boxes of bolts for a 13mm nut and that should be one thing off the list.

Dont apologise mate. lol, its all sorted now. Gear change is mega positive now, with hardly any slop.

Sorry not the actual pics, but these give an idea...

13mm nut missing from the bottom of this -

uAK5CIq.jpg

And the 13mm bolt you can see here was sitting in the bottom of the housing.

tvO3PaA.jpg

It changes lovely now!!

If anyone is suffering from sloppy changes, or the gear stick feeling like a spoon in a mixing bowl, check to see if both fasteners are in place.

:)

Thanks for the warm welcome all! I'll stop lurking now I promise haha.

Sean don't worry about it, honestly mate. I'm over the moon with it, and so glad to be back in a proper VW after 4 years or so in newer stuff!

The motor seems to be only when the car is up to temp. Just been out to it now and its fine. Wipers where probably on intermittent for near on an hour last night before I noticed they stopped moving! I'll whip the motor out and see if I can get the casing off - my bet is worn brushes and if that's the case I'll see if its possible to solder new ones on. If not I'll give you a shout Mr Vag-Hag, Thank you.

God I've missed the noise from a VR!! I'm sure the induction noise wasn't this throaty on the MK2 VR I built... I now expect low MPG for the next few months until the novelty wears off haha.

Time to start my own thread I think :)

From memory I got a brand new wiper motor off E Bay for around £30.00 or slightly less delivered if you want to go down that route, think this was it a Febi one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Febi-Front-Wiper-Motor-Screen-Window-OE-Quality-Replacement-Genuine-/390973448094?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&fits=Car+Make%3AVW|Model%3ACorrado&hash=item5b07d55f9e

Ian.

Welcome to C ownership!

That's a good price for the motor. I got one from GSF about a week ago. I think it was £32 - also not bad ;)

From memory I got a brand new wiper motor off E Bay for around £30.00 or slightly less delivered if you want to go down that route, think this was it a Febi one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Febi-Front-Wiper-Motor-Screen-Window-OE-Quality-Replacement-Genuine-/390973448094?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&fits=Car+Make%3AVW|Model%3ACorrado&hash=item5b07d55f9e

Ian.

I rate the quality of Febi stuff. Plus I use Febi-Live, put in my reg number, see exactly what parts they make for me, then google their 5 digit product number to find the cheapest supplier :)

Welcome to C ownership!

That's a good price for the motor. I got one from GSF about a week ago. I think it was £32 - also not bad ;)

Didn't realise they where so cheap! Time to log onto http://www.febi-live.com/en/Catalogue to see what other bits I can get too :)

It started to rain a little more earlier, and was happy with getting speakers working, and gear linkage nearly spot on so left it at that. Will go out and do a bit more tomorrow.

Feeling quite in love at the moment. I'm finding any excuse to go out and drive the C haha.

Haven't been like this at all for a few years. Last car that made me feel like this was my B5 S4, but that thing needed a tenners worth of fuel go get it out of our housing estate lol.