Sign in to follow this  
SpencerTramm

3rd win for Corrado Dragster

Last weekend at the Power Nationals event we managed to get the number one qualifying sport and third win of the season (out of three rounds!) in the VWDRC's Alt/Eng category. The next meeting for us is the SPRC Summer Nationals on 26/27th June at Santa Pod.

Spencer :)

Talking of Corrado dragsters, I saw one knocking around a few weeks back which looked like it'd crashed through halfords front window full of glue.

Complete with top feul 'ironing board on brush poles' type spoiler extension.

God!

I nearly wept. :(

A few pictures of the real thing would be great though.

Good going mate.

Cheers. Ian

That is absolutely awesome!

What made you choose the Corrado as a platform? Do you like Corrados in particular or do they just posses some kind of dragster related advantage?

I've seen 3 Corrado based Stock cars at Foxhall stadium in Ipswich and they look the mutts compared to the usual Sierras and 205s. Good to see Corrados are so versatile :lol:

What made you choose the Corrado as a platform? Do you like Corrados in particular or do they just posses some kind of dragster related advantage?

Yeah, something like that, always liked them, a mate of mine did a design of what one would look like if someone did it, kinda made my mind up.

Roll on this weekend and round 4 :D

Spencer

Roll on this weekend and round 4 :D

Spencer

well done spencer!!........and good luck for round 4 :wink:

Nice action Spencer !

Are you still ok to be on the CCGB club stand at GTi Festival in a few week's time?

John

I'm sure Spencer will clarify if I'm wrong, but if I recall correctly I think the GM motors are the "mouse" engines and the Chevy ones are the "rats".

Those pictures are fantastic BTW.

John

Yep, the 454 cubic inch (7.5 litre) Chevvy motor is the rat and the Chrysler lumps were the mice.

It all stems back to rivalry between Chrysler and Chevvy back in the 50s and is when the mouse and rat nick-names came about. I think the small lump Chryslers were the mice.

It explains it all in this month's Evo in the 'RatTrap' drag car feature. 3000hp Rat engine with a blower off a truck! Runs on 90% Nitromethane and 10% pure alcohol. Pulls the 1/4 in something like 5 seconds with TV of 229mph. Oh and it burns 10 gallons of fuel over that distance :shock:

Mental stuff.

Actually a "mouse" motor is a small block chevrolet (usually under 400ci) and a "rat" motor is a big block chevrolet (usually 427ci and bigger) Mine is a 468ci (454 block with overbore) which equates to 7669cc

Hope you lot are all coming to the GTi Festival.

Last weekend saw round four of the championship, I qualified number one for the fourth time this year with a 9.66 on a 9.65 dial in and was runner-up in the eliminations. The points is looking very favourable for us at the minute so fingers crossed.

Spencer