GrahamU

Who remembers the old drum n bass / Rave days

This will put a smile on your face

Edited by rado20vT

The old days ? The drum n bass we listened to didn't have all that rap mixed in with it . I must be really old .

Never been a lover of drum and base and certainly not if there is an MC involved - like some Old Skool and still into House! I have been known even in my old age now to take my Zimmer to a Festival House Tent and went to the O2 a few weeks ago to jump around to Above & Beyond and Andrew Beyer - top night! Some times its hard to grow up! lol!

I've dabbled on the decks with Drum and Bass a bit over the years. A couple of friends of mine uploaded a bunch of mixes here.. amazed to look now and find they're all nearly 10 years old now though! Cripes!!

http://mixes.drum-and-bass.org

Help yourselves :)

Oooo Jim will deffo check them out! I'll dig out some of mine too at some point. My decks are in the loft no space for them at the moment :( x

I've dabbled on the decks with Drum and Bass a bit over the years. A couple of friends of mine uploaded a bunch of mixes here.. amazed to look now and find they're all nearly 10 years old now though! Cripes!!

http://mixes.drum-and-bass.org

Help yourselves :)

tidy thanks jim

i used to really like an online radio station that was oldskoolravers.co.uk but unfortunately when their server hosts changed they couldnt match the service & the site died :(

they used to have dj's mixing live over the internet & a chat room full of like minded people

such a pity it shut down

http://www.jakegabai.co.uk/SOL%20SESSIONS/SOL%20SESSIONS%20-%20Deep%20Mediterranean%20Vibes%20(2006)%20Compiled%20&%20Mixed%20by%20Jake%20Gabai%20-%20For%20Promotional%20Use%20Only.mp3

Give this a go... Prog house is always a summer weather pleaser for me, anything with Sasha is an ultimate must. I know it's not DnB but it's a cracker, cained this for nearly 10 years now and still gives me the shivvers! Enjoy xx

Prog and trance. More up my street... Will have a listen at weekend .... Thanks

Got plenty more where that came from! If you go to sound cloud, find Ferry Tayle and find his Gods mix. It's awesome!!

http://www.jakegabai.co.uk/SOL%20SESSIONS/SOL%20SESSIONS%20-%20Deep%20Mediterranean%20Vibes%20(2006)%20Compiled%20&%20Mixed%20by%20Jake%20Gabai%20-%20For%20Promotional%20Use%20Only.mp3

Give this a go... Prog house is always a summer weather pleaser for me, anything with Sasha is an ultimate must. I know it's not DnB but it's a cracker, cained this for nearly 10 years now and still gives me the shivvers! Enjoy xx

Oooo nice

i saw sasha many a time & will never forget the renaissance night at hacienda in manchester - legendary venue!!

a while ago a friend gave me a dvd with about 4GB of old skool mix tapes which he had digitised from his old rave tape collection.

it is absolutely full of amazing dj sets from around '89 - '92 & has sets from notorious places such as eclipse in coventry, amnesia, starlight etc & other legend dj's like carl cox, top buzz, micky finn

if anyone would like a copy i can burn it & post it if you drop me a pm

Ha, Baptazia love it...always got a bit weirded out by the girl dancing in the corner at the end though...

Oooo Jim will deffo check them out! I'll dig out some of mine too at some point. My decks are in the loft no space for them at the moment :( x

Should always make room for the decks!! :)

Not with the current genres of conversation, but a nice Summery vibe mix I did a couple years ago if anyone's interested

Need to get on and record a fresh d&b, Breaks and Electro mix really

I'm waiting for my loft to be converted, however the car is taking all financials at the mo ;)

Sweet. On now, need a summery tip it's hoofing it down here! x