rabbit82

G60 radiator

There was an option to fit a larger one as well though (742mm or something like that) for hot climate applications or "towing". I stuck one on instead to replace my knackered 430mm, as I didn't like how hot the coolant was getting in traffic. Mind you in all honesty it hasn't really helped much!

I wouldn't have thought fitting a bigger radiator would have benefited anything, as it's the thermostat and rad fan switch. Which will govern how hot and cold things get.

VW would have designed the radiator size to be most efficient for the size of the engine. Also the water pump, I would have thought would have some factor on efficiently things were cooling down

The only benefit might be, if you couldn't find the standard radiator.

Edited by sankysvr6

The larger rad gives a bigger surface area so more chance for the heat to be transferred from the coolant to the surroundings. my thermostat was constantly open once the car had warmed up and in traffic the coolant climbed to above 110. The waterpump and fan are good as I checked them all, so thought the best thing (since I needed a new rad anyway) would be to spend a little more and get the larger one. It has abit, the temperatures are a lot more solid around 90, but after long enough in traffic it does start to climb up past 105 still. But it less of a worry than 110 or above.

Yeah I know what you mean on the website but I have bought things from overseas via PayPal Goods and Services and not had a problem. If it does go south the Goods and Services will protect you. 

One thing to be mindful of is whether they will add on the VAT otherwise you'll be stung for that on import + import fees. Brexit has made things worse here for parts from Europe.

Re alloy I probably would if I had no other option. For me it's about the athestics and I would just prefer some that looked OEM however if it's not possible to find an OEM my hand would be forced. In terms of alloy doing the job as well as an OEM I'd say it's just as good.