Sign in to follow this  
danny allen

headlight help

Assuming you've taken the headlights out already, there are about 8 retaining clips around the glass that hold it onto the plastic unit.

Just prise them off with a flat screwdriver or summat. Watch they don't ping off though :D

why do you want to paint the inside reflector.....??? hummmmm.

He doesn't... He wants to detail the outside of the lamps - looks very cool!

Just done the very same thing today, looks well sweet :D

Gives it slightly different look somehow :roll:

Only thing is that when i had the lights apart i noticed the main beam reflector is completely shagged :cry:

anyone know how much a new set of lights from VW stealers are these days :?: whats the headlights venom are beginning out, anyone know ??? :?

Later

AFAIK the reflector part is only available by buying the whole headlight unit (£150 VAG i think!!!)

OT you can buy new glass lenses though about £20 from stealer.

no idea on venom!

whats the headlights venom are beginning out, anyone know ???

Where have you heard about lights that venom are bringing out? Its a long time overdue if you ask me :!:

sorry!! :offtopic1:

but can everyonelse get venoms website to work properly??

i cant get anywhere past the products menu??? been like this for ages...

I just had a quick look at venoms website (it worked fine for me), and it says "Corrado headlights coming soon!"

I assume these will be modified / non standard looking. Like i said before, well overdue.

The complete headlight can be bought from VW for less then £70 a side (inc VAT)

cant remember how much i paid,but it was cheaper to get them from vw than gpc

Sorry to go completely on topic, but what does 'detailing' the headlight include? Pictures would be nice as well :D

Detail of the headlights means taking the glass lens off, and painting the outside edges of the reflector black.

I actually used black engine enamel paint, works a treat. Used a touchup brush to apply it.

Ah, gotcha!

Looks good :thumbleft:

Might have to add that one to the evergrowing list!!

Retail for complete early type lights is £68.68. Being a good customer can get this discounted down to less than £60.

The only differences between the early and late lights are the lens and surrounding trim - available seperately.

The only differences between the early and late lights are the lens and surrounding trim - available seperately.

Really ? So i could buy some early style lights and fit my later spec lense`s and surround trim on them ?

Got new glass in both anyway!

INTERESTING :o

I spoke to venom today, they said that they should be getting some crystal clear type headlights, but they have been waiting for over 6 months already and they still don't know when any will be available. They also said that the headlights would probably only be in LHD beam pattern for a start. Keep a eye on their website for more info.

detailed my lights.. used fireplace hammerite paint.. for the heat soak you understand lol.... Be careful when masking the lights though, my 1st attempt took of the silver lacquer.. the bit I wanted to keep lacquered too! And having black detailing with shitty yellow plastic ain't too good!!

Funny,ive just read this after doing mine and i used the masking tape and peeled the silver off :( Bit of chrome paint later and they look sweet :mrgreen:

I did the detailing today and i have to admit for the amount of time and effort involved its a bloody ace mod, big up supercharged junkie :lol:

I can understand what you are all trying to do, I used a copper base coat then used engine paint that you can buy at any local car place, keeps the heat down and looks nice too. what I really want to know is I have seen MK II Golfs from europe that have projection headlights and they look stock, are these rallye headlights? and I saw a 16V corrado from England that had the same setup but they were corrado headlights, anyone have any info on this? and if anyone has some projection corrado headlights available I live in the US and am looking to get some nice ones, I will pay the 200 dollar shipping of course.