Chuggs1

Stonor Park 2015 (Sunday 31st May)

General parking up on the hill, the show and show and shine is on the flat bit at the bottom. Drove past a few days ago the lawn had been mowed. Anyway let's think positive...

That said - if its on a hill surely the rain will run away down the hill leaving it less muddy??

Although positive thinking...... Its NOT going to rain!

if its wet enough as the grass is so thick, sometimes while your driving on the grounds your car starts sliding down the hill (sideways)

My mate might have talked me into this, i might drag the shed out, in a right state atm though

I wondered why the hill / village from the m40 side of stoner is called pis hill. Seriously it's called this.

My mate might have talked me into this, i might drag the shed out, in a right state atm though

Do it!

I do hope you guys haven't cursed the weather! I'm not liking the idea of taking my car onto a field (marsh)! Well as long as it doesn't rain tomorrow it should be OK????!!!!

Looking at the forcast its heavy rain all Saturday night so definitely looks like the corrado will be staying in the garage this weekend.

Will need to watch the weather Saturday night too then and make a decision on Sunday morning. Will feel guilty not going having booked a place on CCGB stand but don't intend getting stuck in the mud! Fingers are still crossed for an improvement in the weather - after all the weather man doesn't always get it right!

Shame about the forecast, it rarely rains there, so fingers crossed as I am on the Stand.

My car will be filthy despite being spotless right now.

At Coventry Motofest tomorrow and rain is also forecast.

Although I think with rain, the ground will get interesting to drive on !! :-)

I would have thought it would be fine, yes your car may get muddy but unlikley stuck surely.

Would the organisers not step in before this happened ?

From my understanding ground takes alot of repair time if wrecked by vehicels, it would be better for them to turn us away if necessary - I believe anyway !

But be positive - well will have Sun !!

Just had an email back from Stonor Park......

Thank you for your enquiry. Stonor has a chalk soil so drains very quickly after rain and we do not usually have a lot of problems with vehicles getting stuck. .... So although it may be raining we should not have a problem.... Other than my newly cleaned car being very dirty lol

Well the forecast I checked does not seem as bad as it was, so keep thinking positively.

See you all tomorrow. Not leaving home till 9am though, early start and long day today at Cov Motorfest where it did not rain !!

Save me a spot. I am on the Club stand.

Was a great day today - good to meet some of you and really nice to meet Wendy who is a great ambassador for the Corrado and talks about it in the positive way it deserves. Got there early at just after 8am and sneaked off about 2:30 as thought the fairly good weather was going to turn but it didn't. Superb location and show - will defo return next year

Oh and sorry M15 VW did not get to chat - must have been wandering the show when you came over

Edited by Chuggs1

I wandered over a couple times with the kids.

Hopefully I'll have the corrado next time :)

b391a7a0d7d12c8351a5abaad5fe2554.jpg

Thats our beetle!!!!!!! :dance::dance::afro:

Did you like her?

Sorry i didnt make it in the end, bit gutted

Yes mate I did. She was getting a lot of attention. Better base than most music festivals!!!!!

Will remembers that he i ever need some in car audio doing lol

doesn't look as busy as previous year, did the rain put people off...

was that a standard colour in the 60's for a beetle ?

Not been previous years so hard to comment - took most of the pictures early on when it was quiet and it did get busy after midday - I got there at 8am and it was quiet for well over 2/3 hours so I would guess people just came later. The weather wasn't that bad in the end )certainly not as bad as forecast) Just had intermittent showers but it was mainly warmish - was even down to my t shirt at one point when the sun came out for 15 mins!! Lovely show though and what a superb location - will defo be going next year!

Edited by Chuggs1