thamouse1981

Flavour of the month

So i have just picked up my vr6 11 years since getting rid of my last one it was on autotrader n plate aqua on bbs rx alloy wheels, bodywork is ok just a bit of rust on the rear arch and laquer peel on the drivers door down the bottom but this will be sorted in time.....the 1.5hr drive back! Amazing! Smiled all the way...pics to follow

Thank you ill be popping into the bodyshop saturday to get prices and a new alarm fitted as the factory one has been deactivated first question is it easier to get the installers to remove the original or do it myself?

Thank you ill be popping into the bodyshop saturday to get prices and a new alarm fitted as the factory one has been deactivated first question is it easier to get the installers to remove the original or do it myself?

I would say let the installers of the new alarm do it.

Well had a good look over i think i need a new gearbox mount? (Right hand side at the back as you look at the engine) all the rubber is torn and it looks damp does anyone have a part nuber and how easy is it to change? Thanks in advance! Also how do you post pics?

things to do are.

- new gearbox mount (anyone know the pt no?)

- new rear discs, pads and bearings,

- window line down respray both sides and front end

- drivers seat bolster replace/repair

- new rear beam maybe looks rusty but will wait for the MOT it passed last year with no advisories

- recondition the split rim bbs wheels

- enjoy it on warm sunny days only!

Well just put an order in for the following bits gearbox mount, rear discs, pads, mk4 calipers, red caliper paint, new vr6 badge and a new rear arch! ?...next month spray shop, then bankruptcy and finally a divorce I wound imagine

can anyone recommend a bodyshop in the south of England Wiltshire, Hampshire or Dorset that can weld a new rear arch (i have the part) and spray? thanks in advance

Well new mk4 rear calipers, discs, pads, abs rings, bearings and gearbox mount replaced now to source a replacement drivers seat due to wear, new alarm and respray then ol' FTM will be ready for summer roads

jeez and so it begins, jacked the front up to check underneath and it appears the front mount is only held to the frame via 2 of its allotted 3 nuts and one rusty stump! in other news I took the eyebrow spoiler off to realize it was a load bearing structure to the passenger headlight that has 2 broken clips, im going to hisol it for now until a replacement is obtained....which will probably get forgotten about. Also had a good look over the paintwork and it has had a pretty poor respray so I am 100% sure there will be paint in the near future whether it be window line down or whole car.

So the ol' girl is going for paint tomorrow been sat for 4 weeks and now ...flat battery! New battery fitted now indicators dont stop flashing, alarm was previously disabled. Pulled hazard relay no difference, as did the indicator fuse. Pulled the fuse from the alarm it stops until 1st stage ignition then flashing again turned car off and started to check out the harness and it is loomed by stevie wonder looks shocking! And its a factory alarm anyway turned the car back over no flashing at all?? Hooray?...post respray i will be ripping out all the alarm wiring. Dont really know why im scared ive pulled out and put in bigger looms from aircraft but then again i dont own them!

fresh from paint not sure on the indicator/fog situation i have a set of inpro lights with damaged fogs thinking of deleting them for some E30 air vents with amber tinted front indicators and i have a new inpro set on order but with a 6 week lead time - is there a way to resize images as it states they are too large?

so new inpro lights from germany (i know they are not as good as standard but beggers cant be choosers, vibratechnic fast road front mount and number plate fitted. Again sorry about the poor pictures she is having a MOT on the 7th August then i will take her out for a proper photoshoot. Still trying to source an interior or just a new drivers seat and a new alarm but other than that she is exactly how i want her!