carrots

tailgate glass seal

Is it possible to remove the rear tailgate seal around the glass myself without damage.then refit as the tailgate wants painting

Er no guys, the Seal is first put on around the tailgate's glass then the glass is glued back in..

Getting it off is easy, it's putting back on properly that catch's you out.

Many just cut the seal's locating lip and glue the lot in, a real shout way of doing it imo.

The glass is out and that seal is toast, hopefully today I can tease out one from the breaker without any damage and it can then be fitted with the glass when going back in :)

Are we on about the same thing here? The beading that goes round outer edge on outside?

That's the bit I'm on about :)

When I did a search I found conflicting views, but as yourself and davidwort say it can be done , I'm happy to trust it can :)

So, tried the seal on the breaker, it's very well stuck, no real movement, I will try again, so I opted to try the one on the red car......I'll be swapping that one anyway.......it came out quite easily, it's not exactly perfect but it's better than nothing

38988181-ACF3-492A-AA83-1CA1F04F776C.jpg

D91EF033-F3DB-4E14-BD78-C27CD5A08038.jpg

CEDCE82A-4C5B-44DC-BC40-ED5D0C3F237D.jpg

If you get stuck and need another seal, give a shout as i've

Got a few spares.

I might well do mate, as that one isn't the best, how much would you like for one? :)

Unfortunately I’ve found if you want a seal the only way to get it off undamaged is to smash the glass and gently tease it from the bonding glue/rubber that it was stuck to.