carrots

ap coilovers

i had standard shocks on mine with lowered springs untill the back spring broke and i fitted jom crap to it.it drove fine aswell

Thanks carrots ... May think about going down that route. Much cheaper lol

Any suggestions on makes of lowering springs was thinking about -30mm

I've got them fitted to my 8v ,there not bad atall, go plenty low enough and don't knock or creak like some cheap coilovers do,

The ride is smooth and not bouncy ,build quality is very good too..

Will be ordering my new AP coillies later this month, also will be replacing all the top mounts all round, any one advise on where to buy etc?

Rear top mounts are obsolete, and the best alternative (which VW use incidentally) is Lemforder. I got mine from AVS Spares iirc. Fronts are still available, although pretty expensive tbh.

Where you ordering from Ray, and what price? Thinking of taking the plunge on these myself.

Where you ordering from Ray, and what price? Thinking of taking the plunge on these myself.

Hi Jim,

Awesome GTI are doing them at £355 https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-brand/ap-suspension/ap-coilovers-volkswagen-corrado/

also Mad Motors bit cheaper at £345. http://www.madmotors.co.uk/ap-coilovers-vw-corrado-2-0-1-8-g60-vr6.html

Will have to look into the delivery prices, they might even price match one another. Its the top mounts that might prove a bit harder to source.

Hi all, Looking to replace the suspension on my valver as I have the rear axle out at the moment doing all brakes and bushes mounts ect so Interested in a set of theses, looking on line can get a ap spring and damper set for £300.00 or should I go for coil overs? Thanks

Hi Jim,

Awesome GTI are doing them at £355 https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-brand/ap-suspension/ap-coilovers-volkswagen-corrado/

also Mad Motors bit cheaper at £345. http://www.madmotors.co.uk/ap-coilovers-vw-corrado-2-0-1-8-g60-vr6.html

Will have to look into the delivery prices, they might even price match one another. Its the top mounts that might prove a bit harder to source.

Interestingly Mad Motors offer the FK Highsport at a similar price too... hmm.... they're meant to be OK as well.

Though reading around the opinions for the AP's seems better overall.

Think i will be going with AP Jim, good reviews fitted to the Corrado. Will need to sort the top mounts out as well. TPS or AVS.

I've been looking at these coilovers as well, think they work out that little be cheaper from here. With shipping charge included.

https://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/car-parts/volkswagen/corrado/ap-coilover-suspension-kitcorrado-18-18-g60-20-29-vr6-0988

Do you think we should try and ask for a discount, if there are a few of us buying together?

We could certainly try. That's 3 sets already.

I've been looking at these coilovers as well, think they work out that little be cheaper from here. With shipping charge included.

https://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/car-parts/volkswagen/corrado/ap-coilover-suspension-kitcorrado-18-18-g60-20-29-vr6-0988

Do you think we should try and ask for a discount, if there are a few of us buying together?

That might be a good idea tbh, how would they do the delivery, would they deliver to separate address's, and still give us discount?

That might be a good idea tbh, how would they do the delivery, would they deliver to separate address's, and still give us discount?

I think that would be the only potential stumbling block :( That said, Roose Motorsport were willing to knock a few quid off for a guaranteed couple of orders shipped to different locations, so all we need to do is ask.

I think that would be the only potential stumbling block :( That said, Roose Motorsport were willing to knock a few quid off for a guaranteed couple of orders shipped to different locations, so all we need to do is ask.

Just ordered front and rear mounts from AVS, £29.82 delivered next day.

Also I've phoned DPM today and he said he will try to do us some discount.

I've PMed you Jim for the details he requires.

Damian just confirmed he is happy to offer us a further 5% off the RRP bringing them down to £337.25 :) That is if all three of us commit to buy.

So do we just need ring DPM, and tell him where from this forum or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damian just confirmed he is happy to offer us a further 5% off the RRP bringing them down to £337.25 :) That is if all three of us commit to buy.

Thats great every little helps.

I'm ready to buy asap np, i need to get them on the car in the next few weeks.

What did he say with delivery Jim? separate address?

That was not discussed as yet. Will email him and say us three are definitely onboard and ask how we proceed regarding payment and shipping.

OK spoken to Damian again this morning - he was expecting that all three sets would be delivered to one location, but has said he's happy to deliver them to individual addresses for a total of £340/set which is still a nice little discount over the listed price.

He says just ring up, let him know you're from the Corrado Forum, and he'll sort payment / delivery information with you :)

OK spoken to Damian again this morning - he was expecting that all three sets would be delivered to one location, but has said he's happy to deliver them to individual addresses for a total of £340/set which is still a nice little discount over the listed price.

He says just ring up, let him know you're from the Corrado Forum, and he'll sort payment / delivery information with you :)

Thanks for sorting the details out with DPM, I've been in touch with Damien, just waiting for his reply.