borarob

Corrado RC Car? Anyone else got one?

Love the corrado rc car.

I currently have a 1/5 scale Losi 5ive 4x4 :thumbleft:

5vbpbEHW5R4fHzXDk-nojeE6k9kLbUaJ0z1RFFE5iJg=w1024-h682-noQ7EYnlw453aLrtN-8o7UQTu2O-9trBwfcjd7iiTb9e8=w974-h730-no

Edited by G60_Marc

Thats what i wanted to get, might buy one in the future sometime, i struggled to find places to use it, didn't fancy joining a club etc

Would love a Corrado shell for mine!... 1/5 Baja

Storm-SS-rearprofile.jpg

IMG_1354-bajastorm-mielke1.jpg

Storm-SS-tabletop.jpg

Storm-SS-underside2.jpg

Storm-SS-deck1.jpg

Storm-SS-deck2.jpg

Storm-SS-baja1.jpg

Wow! How fast?

This is my other mini me. Originally a pure Tamiya TT-01 touring car, I have upgraded the chassis to carbon and among many other mods fitted a brushless electric motor. This thing is the fastest I have, quicker than my nitro cars. In fact its too quick and scares the bejesus out of me. I put drift tyres on to make it semi usable!

20150604_140506.jpg

Rob get some vids up - would love to see the speed with a brushless motor. Also electric power is instantly on tap unlike nitro which needs to wind up a bit so this must take off when you open the taps!

if anyone wants to get into this cheaply try http://www.hobbyking.com they have a uk warehouse which has some of the stock in. some really cheap - but good - i can testify to that - kit there...

This:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__27208__1_10_Quanum_Vandal_4WD_Electric_Racing_Buggy_KIT_.html

price is unbelievable

Very Nice indeed!!

Could probably buy a corrado for the money :lol:

Thanks.

I have two fairly modified ones, so yes, I dare say you'd get a very decent Corrado for the money :)

Wow! How fast?

Thanks- Though they are modified, the engines and gearing are nothing particularly special. 30.5cc and stock 26cc. Not two speed either so appx 40-50mph.

With two-speed, anything 60-80mph. Record with twin cyls is appx 111mph.

Don't know much about brushless - can you not fit a normal 540 type motor with an ESC and NiMH batteries to this car?

Don't know much about brushless - can you not fit a normal 540 type motor with an ESC and NiMH batteries to this car?

yeah should fit, though brushless is heaps more fun and lipo batteries much easier to maintain (IMO)

The cheap car you found after buying this and everything else is gonna be about £150

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__41129__Turnigy_TrackStar_Waterproof_1_10_Brushless_Power_System_3000KV_80A_UK_Warehouse_.html

better off with these that only require a lipo to finish

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__73938__H_King_Sand_Storm_1_12_2WD_Desert_Buggy_RTR_UK_Warehouse_.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__56431__1_10_Quanum_Skull_Crusher_2WD_Brushless_Monster_Truck_RTR_UK_Warehouse_.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__77897__1_10_Quanum_Vandal_XL_4WD_Monster_Buggy_RTR_UK_Warehouse_.html

I'm thinking of getting a quadcopter. Had a small one for ages. Chap at work bought in the dji phantom 3 and i loved it but not sure how long it will be fun for.

i bought a hpi sprint 2 flux and was very shocked how much faster the brushless cars are have been fancying a corrado body for it.

also

hpi savage with big block,pipe,3 speed,general lee charger body

fg 1/5 road car

tamiya frog

pb alpha

my first was tamiya sand scorcher

Madmatt- Sand scorcher - the holy grail of buggies. Pb alpha - what a classic with all the red parts. I saw one go on ebay recently. Really tempted to bid on it.

A friend had one back in the 80s put some buggy wheels and shocks on it. Great car. I was always envious

the alpha is a box of bits a complete roller from what i remember if your interested may let it go to many things to do.

Just saw the Basher sabretooth 1/8th (YouTube) Brushless with lipos it looks pretty fast out of the box. Any experience or thoughts on that?

Just saw the Basher sabretooth 1/8th (YouTube) Brushless with lipos it looks pretty fast out of the box. Any experience or thoughts on that?

Just had a look and it weighs a ton compared with nitro 1/8 and doesn't sound as good.

Personally I'd stay away from the lesser known brands and stick with big names that way parts (and hop-ups) are plentiful and supplied for years to come. I have 2 Flying Point Probe's (ooo matron) 1/8 scale cars and one was purchased to feed the other parts. They were cheap kits, but showed it in how they bent/broke parts and the braking was rubbish as was parts availability.

If you fancy an 1/8 scale then I could be tempted to sell up as I no longer use mine. It's a Kyosho MP7.5 Kanai 2 (not the sport model) with several upgrades, a Picco .28 engine fitted instead of the normal .21, Hitec wheel transmitter, metal geared servos and a fail safe.

http://the-corrado.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=81703&d=1433260269

Edited by MZpog

its got some reasonable reviews, i've considered it as well.

while the point about big brands and spares is valid its also true that a lot of these 'cheap' brands are clones of lots of other models so you can get parts pretty easily if you know the cars relatives

Just saw this thread, I had a HPI Savage and then a Savage X too.

Never raced, it was purely for bombing it about the woods behind home.

It was a few years ago now and I've not touched them since so I can't remember exact details but on the X I uprated the lump and put a 3 speed box in it. It was great but the large nobbly tyres couldn't handle the speed in the end!

many thanks to Madmatt for the PB Alpha. One of my favourite cars, although technologically very backward!

Anyway, i've spent the last few weeks stripping it down, soaking parts in soda crystals and polishing off my fingerprints with all the small metal parts, pins, clips, alloy and brass collars that needed polishing by hand. Clips are actually really hard to do properly. Alu Belgom is fantastic here. Its not finished yet, i need to do some work on the engine, strip the carb, polish and clean it, and then refit. I also need to find a front bumper template and cut one up from some acrylic sheet i've got.

Fuel tank was washed in the dishwasher but its need doing again by hand as its not come out as well as expected. Fibreglass is really hard to clean once its discoloured, but again the Alu is pretty good for this. The brass nipple on the fuel tank is ok except for the thinner middle portion that i cant seem to access! A bit OCD but there are loads of little things like that that you really notice.

Tyres need another clean (might use some glass paper), but would welcome any suggestions.I might take the black chassis off again, sand it and respray matt black rather than leave it with just a clean up.

My nephew has been pestering me to find out a bit about the newer models of cars fpr him as he has shown an interest , ideally he would need a brushless buggy , can anyone recommend anything for him ? Hes 12 this year so ideally needs to be tough as he will be shat at driving it

Iv also told him id get one if i could find a half decent one so we can go out together

If anyone has anything decent they would be willing to sell let me know via pm

Thanks

well now that's looking better how was it looking on the parts front, think that was all I had!

I seam to remember the bumper was massive so it could be trimmed down to suit what ever body was put on,on the fg road car the bumpers specific for each shell if that makes sense ends up a proper spliter.

put most of the pajero back together after its last off just planning the radio install.

the new brushless buggy are proper fast if you do get one my be best to turn it down a bit most esc can be adjusted if you get the link tool, what sort of area you going to run it on is another thing

Edited by madmatt